Late Heroics Send Isotopes to 9-8 Victory
In the final home game of the 2018 season, the Isotopes came through with some late inning heroics, defeating the Reno Aces by a score of 9-8.
After the Aces crossed the plate six times in the top of the eighth to take the lead, Jordan Patterson and Noel Cuevas connected on back-to-back home runs in the bottom of the frame to lead the Isotopes to victory.
The home run for Patterson was his 25th of the season, while Cuevas connected on his fifth round-tripper of the season.
Earlier in the contest, Josh Fuentes launched his 14th home run of the season, a solo shot in the seventh.
Raimel Tapia finished the evening 3-for-4 with two RBI, falling a home run shy of the cycle.
On the mound, Isotopes starter Sam Howard pitched well. The southpaw allowed one run over his 6.0 innings on the hill. Howard struck out six and walked three. He received a no-decision.
The Aces threatened in the ninth inning, scoring a run and bringing the tying run to third base. However, Isotopes closer DJ Johnson was able to hold the lead, saving his 17th game of the season for Albuquerque.
The Isotopes now hit the road for the final seven games of the 2018 campaign, stopping in Sacramento for three games before closing out the season in Reno for four. First pitch on Tuesday from Sacramento is set for 8:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 27, 2018
- Late Heroics Send Isotopes to 9-8 Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Iowa Gets Caught in Storm, Falls to Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Sky Sox Leave OKC with Series Split - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Put Baby Cakes in Time Out, 5-1 - Round Rock Express
- Express Take Final Game of Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds Win Regular Season Home Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Blanked by Redbirds in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Water Main Break Cancels Monday's Grizzlies Game - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bryant, Chatwood Join Iowa on Rehab - Iowa Cubs
- Fresno Takes Down Bees in Extras - Salt Lake Bees
- Salt Lake Bees End 2018 Season with Seven-Game Homestand - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (69-63) at Memphis Redbirds (79-53) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 27, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (79-53) vs Nashville Sounds (69-63) - Memphis Redbirds
- Luis Urias Named to All-Pacific Coast League Team - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Grizzlies' Kyle Tucker Named PCL Player of the Week - Fresno Grizzlies
- Fresno First Baseman A.J. Reed Named All-PCL - Fresno Grizzlies
- Express RHP Chris Rowley Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - Round Rock Express
- Tucker, Rowley Tabbed Week's Best - PCL
- Baby Cakes End Season on 7-Game Homestand - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- NEWS Tauchman, Fuentes Named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Banuelos and Verdugo Named to 2018 All-PCL Team - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 2018 All-Pacific Coast League Team Announced - PCL
- Hudson, O'Neill Named to All-PCL Team - Memphis Redbirds
- Ildemaro Vargas, Kevin Cron Named to All-PCL Team - Reno Aces
- Sky Sox Catcher Christian Bethancourt Named to All-PCL Team - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Round Rock Express RHP R.J. Alvarez Named to All-PCL Team - Round Rock Express
- Brad Taylor Promoted to Senior Vice President of MountainStar Sports Group - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Grizz swat Bees again with another big comeback - Fresno Grizzlies
- Reno Offense Explodes in Game Three Victory - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Drop Second Straight to Reno - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.