LAFC Forward Danny Musovski Voted MLS Player of the Week
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) forward Danny Musovski was voted the Major League Soccer Player of the Week for the 17th week of the 2020 MLS season. Musovski is the third LAFC forward to win Player of the Week this season (Diego Rossi - Week nine, Bradley Wright-Phillips - Week 13).
Musovski helped LAFC to a 3-1 victory over Seattle Sounders FC at Banc of California Stadium on Sunday behind two goals and an assist. Musovski has now tallied four goals and one assist this season. LAFC is fourth in the Western Conference standings with 24 points (7-6-3 overall record).
LAFC took a 1-0 lead in the 15th minute when Musovski finished an Eduard Atuesta free kick with a running header from the six-yard box into the back right corner. Musovski then registered his first career MLS regular season assist to give LAFC a 2-0 lead on Francisco Ginella's 65th minute score.
The 24-year-old Musovski found the net again in the 84th minute, his first career MLS multi-goal performance, to give LAFC a 3-1 advantage. Following a Seattle save on Latif Blessing's shot, Musovski got on the rebound and finished with a left footed shot to the bottom left corner.
LAFC continues action this week with a pair of road games against the Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday, October 14 and the Portland Timbers on Sunday, October 18. Both matches will take place at Providence Park in Portland at 7:00 p.m. PT on YouTube TV, Estrella TV, ESPN LA 710 AM, KFWB 980 AM.
The MLS Player of the Week is selected each week of the regular season through both media and fan voting in a process conducted by MLS Communications. A panel of journalists from the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) comprises 75 percent of the vote, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25 percent of voting. NASR consists of members of print, television, radio and online media.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 12, 2020
- MLS & CDPHE Postpone Upcoming Matches - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake vs. Colorado Rapids Postponed - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Announces Postponement of Sounders FC's October 14 Match vs. Colorado Rapids - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announces Schedule Update - MLS
- MLS Announces Schedule Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 12, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Inter Miami to Host Atlanta United FC Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC Forward Danny Musovski Voted MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Danny Musovski Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Know Your Opponent: New York City FC - Orlando City SC
- Focus on Top 4 as Lions Host NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 13-18 - Chicago Fire
- New York Red Bulls Announce Partnership with Atalian Global Services - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 12, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Adds Goalkeeper CJ Cochran from OKC Energy - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Forward Franko Kovacevic on Loan - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers Record 3-0 Win against San Jose Earthquakes at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Quakes snap three-match winning streak; face LA Galaxy on Wednesday - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC Falls 2-1 at Sporting Kansas City Down a Man - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Signs Korean International Kim Moon-Hwan
- LAFC Acquires U.S. International Forward Corey Baird from Real Salt Lake
- Bob Bradley to Receive Walt Chyzowych Fund's Lifetime Achievement Award
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to Tigres UANL in 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Final
- LAFC Faces Tigres UANL Tomorrow in SCCL Finals