Justin Taylor Re-Signs with K-Wings
KALAMAZOO, MI - The Kalamazoo Wings, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Vancouver Canucks, announced Thursday the signing of veteran forward Justin Taylor for the 2019-20 season.
Taylor, 30, returns to Kalamazoo for his tenth pro season after playing in 35 games for the K-Wings in 2018-19. The 5'11, 188 lbs. forward led the team with 21 goals before a January injury cut short his season. Taylor finished with 27 points (21g, 6a) for Kalamazoo and also appeared in one game for the American Hockey League's San Antonio Rampage.
"My family and I are very excited to be coming back to Kalamazoo," said Taylor. "Throughout my time here I've been able to grow, not only as a hockey player, but as a person. Getting another opportunity to don the K-Wings uniform adds fuel to help lead this city to a championship."
The Mindemoya, Ontario native is second all-time in K-Wings history in games played (493), behind only Kevin Schamehorn (495). Taylor is also third in team history in goals (193) and sixth in points (364).
"Justin has been a very consistent leader and scorer for us for a number of years," said K-Wings Head Coach Nick Bootland. "When he was injured last season, it created a huge hole in our lineup. He has worked extremely hard to prepare his body for the upcoming season."
The 2007 sixth round pick of the Washington Capitals first joined Kalamazoo as a rookie in 2010-11 and has put together seven different 20-goal seasons and six 40-point seasons. Taylor set career highs with the K-Wings in 2016-17 with 61 points (31g, 29a) in 70 games. He has also appeared in 18 AHL games between Bridgeport, Utica and San Antonio.
The K-Wings' 46th Home Opener is Saturday, Oct. 19 against the Cincinnati Cyclones at 7:00 p.m. at the Wings Event Center, following Fan Fest leading up to the game.
2019-20 K-Wings season tickets, partial plans and 5-packs are on sale now! Visit KWings.com for details.
Book your group before Sept. 1, 2019 for any K-Wings game this season and every member of the group will receive a K-Wings winter hat.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 15, 2019
- F Trevor Yates Selects Royals for 2nd Pro Season - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Sign 4 for Upcoming Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Cook and Campbell Join Championship Reunion - Rapid City Rush
- Admirals Ink Merrimack Defenseman Matt McArdle - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers to Play Wichita in Preseason Contest - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Announces Exhibition Contest vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Bring Back Jackson Playfair - Orlando Solar Bears
- Atlanta Continues to Strengthen D - Atlanta Gladiators
- James Henry Returns for Fifth Season with Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule - Worcester Railers HC
- Justin Taylor Re-Signs with K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Adirondack, New Jersey Renew Affiliation Agreement - Adirondack Thunder
- Gladiators Re-Up with Eastern Conference Champs - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.