Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes find themselves in the middle of a six-game slide, but now take off on a five-game road trip just five points back of third place in the CHL's Berry Conference.
Last week's record: 0-4-0
Season overall: 19-21-5
Tuesday vs. Texas, 4-1 Loss
Chad Woollard scored a pair of goals and Wayne Savage made 46 saves to lead the Brahmas to a 4-1 lead over Odessa. Kevin Seibel scored the Jacks only goal in the loss.
Wednesday vs. Rapid City, 4-3 Loss
A five to one power play disparity in the third period favoring Rapid City was the difference as Vladamir Hartinger scored a man-advantage goal for the only tally in the final frame for the 4-3 final.
Friday vs. Colorado, 2-1 Loss
Both teams played a back-and-forth contest with Adam Hogg scoring two goals for the Eagles in the win. Sebastien Thinel scored Odessa's only goal in the contest.
Saturday vs. Colorado, 5-1 Loss
Dominic Leveille opened the game's scoring for the Jacks before the Eagles rattled off five unanswered goals. Adam Chorneyko finished with two strikes for Colorado.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Thursday at Laredo, 11:00 AM CST
The Bucks and Jacks renew their rivalry with their first meeting since December 17th. It's "Kids' Day" for Laredo so the start time is set for 11:00 AM CST in South Texas.
Friday at Allen, 7:30 PM CST
Saturday at Allen, 7:00 PM CST
Another rivalry for the Jacks is resumed as Odessa and Allen hook up for their first meeting since November 20th. Odessa is 1-2-0 this season against the Americans, but their lone win came at the Allen Events Center. Allen currently holds the CHL's best record of 31-8-1.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Odessa's six-game losing streak is their longest since the 2006-07 season, when they lost nine straight.After the Jacks complete their five-game road trip, they will play 12 of their last 16 games of the season at home.In four of the last five games, Odessa has only managed to score one goal.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2011
- Shots from the Point for February 7, 2011 - CHL
- Bradley to Texas to Complete Deal - Evansville IceMen
- Surma Traded to Dayton for Boivert - Evansville IceMen
- Bloomington PrairieThunder Busy at CHL Trading Deadline - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Sundogs Acquire MacDonald from Bloomington, Deal Williams and Bezeau at Deadline - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks' Bes Named Player of the Week - Laredo Bucks
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Brahmas Bring in Bradley on Trade Deadline Day - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Laredo's Jeff Bes Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Gems Obtain Former NHL Player in Trade with Evansville - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Sweep Thunder for Five-Game Winning Streak - Fort Wayne Komets
- RiverKings Flath Offers to Shave Head to Fight Cancer - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucky Steals Zamboni, Wants Sellout Saturday - Laredo Bucks
- Second Place Oilers Back Home - Tulsa Oilers
- Players to deliver "Valentine's Day Gems" to area fans - Dayton Gems
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Closes Out Long Trip With Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton Gems Weekend Review - Dayton Gems
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mavericks Acquire Steven Later to Complete Trade with Brahmas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.