IronPigs first night in Louisville a forgetful one
(Louisville, KY) - The Louisville Bats (51-69) beat the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (56-62) 7-3 on Tuesday night. The IronPigs left 13 players on base, going 2-for-13 with runners in scoring position.
Austin Listi hit an RBI single against Jackson Stephens (7-4) in the top of the third inning to give Lehigh Valley a 1-0 lead. Louisville took a 2-1 lead off Jerad Eickhoff (2-1) in the bottom of the third inning as Alfredo Rodriguez hit a two-run double to score Mitch Nay and Jose Siri.
The Bats extended their lead to 5-1 in the bottom of the fourth inning as Nay doubled off Cole Irvin and Alex Blandino hit a two-run single. Nay struck again in the bottom of the fifth inning by hitting a two-run home run off Irvin to score Chadwick Tromp and himself.
With the Bats leading 7-1, Lehigh Valley fought back but ultimately would fall short. Deivy Grullon hit a home run off Brad Boxberger in the top of the seventh inning and Phil Gosselin hit an RBI single off Wandy Peralta in the top of the eighth inning.
Lehigh Valley and Louisville play on Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Knights Rout RailRiders 15-1 in Opener - Charlotte Knights
- Late home run by Ryan McBroom helps RailRiders avoid shutout - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs first night in Louisville a forgetful one - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Florimon's Two-Run Homer Clips Columbus, 3-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Mash Their Way to 11-3 Win over 'Hens - Buffalo Bisons
- Nay Homers in Bats Win over IronPigs, 7-3 - Louisville Bats
- Indians Clip Red Wings on Martin's Clutch Triple - Indianapolis Indians
- Mud Hens Allow Four Home Runs in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tides Blank PawSox in Series Opener - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Mets Drop Series Opener to Bulls, 9-6 - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (58-60) vs. Rochester Red Wings (60-59) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Lehigh Valley IronPigs (56-61) at Louisville Bats (50-69) - Louisville Bats
- That's Amore: Francisco Cervelli to Continue Rehab Assignment in Indy - Indianapolis Indians
- Homestand Highlights: Wings V. Bisons, August 19-22 - Rochester Red Wings
- Hens Team with Hondros College of Nursing - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Toledo (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Homestand Notes: August 13-18 - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.