Game Notes: Lehigh Valley IronPigs (56-61) at Louisville Bats (50-69)
Game 120, Home 58
Lehigh Valley IronPigs (56-61) at Louisville Bats (50-69)
RHP Alex Powers (0-0, 2.20) vs. LHP Cole Irvin (5-0, 3.99)
7:00 PM | Tuesday, August 13, 2019 | Louisville Slugger Field
LISTEN: Nick Curran & Jim Kelch, 790 KRD; iHeartRadio.com; iHeart app
HOMEWARD BOUND: The Bats return home after splitting a six-game road trip to face the Triple-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Louisville is coming off its final off day of 2019, with 21 games scheduled in 21 days to finish out the season. LOU is embarking on its final homestand against non-divisional opponents, with their next 6 against Lehigh Valley and Rochester before playing their final 15 against the IL West. Right-hander Alex Powers is set to make his second career start.
AGAINST LEHIGH VALLEY: Louisville welcomes the IronPigs to Louisville Slugger Field for the first time this season, the latest into a season that Louisville's hosted a team for the first time since hosting Pawtucket from August 15-17, 2017. Louisville and Lehigh Valley met exactly one week ago today for the first time this season in Allentown, the latest into a season that LOU had debuted against a team (home or away) since 2012, facing Charlotte for the first time in August.
DOUBLE DIGITS CLUB: The Bats have 6 players this season with at least 10 home runs, after Rob Refsnyder and Narciso Crook each hit their 10th in Louisville's 5-2 win on Sunday. It's the first time since 2011 that LOU's had 6+ players hit at least 10 homers in a season.
2011 2019 (as of 8/13)
Daniel Dorn 18 Aristides Aquino 28
Jeremy Hermida 17 Brian O'Grady 27
Devin Mesoraco 15 Josh VanMeter 14
Todd Frazier 15 Nick Longhi 11
Juan Francisco 15 Rob Refsnyder 10
Yonder Alonso 12 Narciso Crook 10
TRENDING UP: Louisville is coming off a series win at Rochester, the team's fourth series victory in its last 8 tries, also improving to 5-1 in their 6 most recent series finales on the road. In 30 games after the All-Star break, the Bats own a 17-13 record and +23 run differential, both of which rank best in their division.
IL West in the Second Half
Club W-L Pct. R/RA Run Diff.
LOUISVILLE 17-13 .567 150/127 +23
Indianapolis 14-16 .467 135/160 -25
Toledo 14-16 .467 164/154 +10
Columbus 12-18 .400 144/168 -24
THE PITCH IS BACK: Louisville's pitching was tremendous during the recent road trip, allowing less than 3 runs per game, giving up just 17 runs over a 6-game span. Keury Mella tossed 6.0 scoreless innings in his Sunday start, while Vladimir Gutierrez allowed just one run in 6.0 innings in his Friday start, both Louisville victories. After going 11-13 in its first 24 quality starts this season, LOU has gone 6-1 in its last 7 quality starts.
50TH WIN: Louisville won its 50th game of 2019 on August 11 at Rochester, coming into play tonight with a 50-69 record. Last season, LOU won its 50th game on August 3 at Columbus when they were 50-58. In 2017, LOU won its 50th game on August 20 vs. Rochester when they were 50-76.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Knights Rout RailRiders 15-1 in Opener - Charlotte Knights
- Late home run by Ryan McBroom helps RailRiders avoid shutout - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs first night in Louisville a forgetful one - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Florimon's Two-Run Homer Clips Columbus, 3-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Mash Their Way to 11-3 Win over 'Hens - Buffalo Bisons
- Nay Homers in Bats Win over IronPigs, 7-3 - Louisville Bats
- Indians Clip Red Wings on Martin's Clutch Triple - Indianapolis Indians
- Mud Hens Allow Four Home Runs in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tides Blank PawSox in Series Opener - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Mets Drop Series Opener to Bulls, 9-6 - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (58-60) vs. Rochester Red Wings (60-59) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Lehigh Valley IronPigs (56-61) at Louisville Bats (50-69) - Louisville Bats
- That's Amore: Francisco Cervelli to Continue Rehab Assignment in Indy - Indianapolis Indians
- Homestand Highlights: Wings V. Bisons, August 19-22 - Rochester Red Wings
- Hens Team with Hondros College of Nursing - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Toledo (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Homestand Notes: August 13-18 - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.