Hens Team with Hondros College of Nursing
Stop by Section 101 at Fifth Third Field, and you'll see it has a new name. That section of the ballpark has been renamed the Hondros College of Nursing Community Corner.
Hondros College of Nursing has donated 500 tickets to local non-profit organizations to allow people they serve to experience a Mud Hens game this season. Organizations will be highlighted on the giant video board during the games they attend.
"Our partnership with the Toledo Mud Hens reflects our shared commitment to meeting the nursing shortage needs of Lucas County and all of northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan," says Dr. Greg Guzman, lifelong Toledoan and new Campus President of Hondros College of Nursing-Maumee.
At the end of the season, one organization will be selected to receive a $500 grant from Hondros College of Nursing, along with a matching $500 grant from Helping Hens Charities.
Hondros College of Nursing annually graduates more practical nursing students than any other institution of higher education in the entire State of Ohio, according to the Ohio Board of Nursing's examination results. Their 12-month Practical Nursing program and 15-month Associate Degree in Nursing Program are a homerun for the adult learner.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Knights Rout RailRiders 15-1 in Opener - Charlotte Knights
- Late home run by Ryan McBroom helps RailRiders avoid shutout - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs first night in Louisville a forgetful one - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Florimon's Two-Run Homer Clips Columbus, 3-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Mash Their Way to 11-3 Win over 'Hens - Buffalo Bisons
- Nay Homers in Bats Win over IronPigs, 7-3 - Louisville Bats
- Indians Clip Red Wings on Martin's Clutch Triple - Indianapolis Indians
- Mud Hens Allow Four Home Runs in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tides Blank PawSox in Series Opener - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Mets Drop Series Opener to Bulls, 9-6 - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (58-60) vs. Rochester Red Wings (60-59) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Lehigh Valley IronPigs (56-61) at Louisville Bats (50-69) - Louisville Bats
- That's Amore: Francisco Cervelli to Continue Rehab Assignment in Indy - Indianapolis Indians
- Homestand Highlights: Wings V. Bisons, August 19-22 - Rochester Red Wings
- Hens Team with Hondros College of Nursing - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Toledo (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Homestand Notes: August 13-18 - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.