IronBirds Battle Back Late But Fall Short
TROY, N.Y. - After a comeback win in game one at Tri-City, the IronBirds made it close with a two run 8th to cut the lead to one. Shea Berry struckout the side in the 9th, shutting the door on a 4-3 loss for Aberdeen.
W: Edgardo Sandoval
L: Ryan Conroy
S: Shae Berry
First two: Nate Perry had a solo homer for the ValleyCats in the first. In the 2nd, Joe Perez and Juanrael Paulino had RBIs for Tri-City to make it 3-0.
3rd inning: Aberdeen got on the board with Adley Rutschman's RBI double. Tri-City answered on a three hit inning that plated two more and made it a 4-1 game.
8th inning: Still trailing by three, Aberdeen found some offense. Mason Janvrin doubled in his first game as an IronBird, Rutschman followed with a two bagger and then Welk brought another double. Rutschman's and Welk's came with RBIs to make it a one run game in the 8th.
9th inning: Shae Berry struckout the side for Tri-City to end the game.
KEY IRONBIRDS CONTRIBUTORS
Adley Rutschman: 2-for-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI
Mason Janvrin: 2-for-4, 2B
Griffin McLarty: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 6 K
Connor Gillispie: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 4 K
NEWS AND NOTES
Aberdeen snapped a five game winning streak in the loss
Rutschman now has four doubles in the series and three RBI.
Through 60 games, Aberdeen is 33-27, battling for a New York-Penn League Wild Card spot.
IronBirds at Tri-City ValleyCats, Friday, 7:00 P.M.
Joseph L. Bruno Stadium, Troy N.Y.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Fuller Homers to Help Spikes Past Scrappers in 5-2 Victory - State College Spikes
- All Pitch, No Hit, Gades Whipped - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Davidson's Homer Sends Monsters to 6-4 Win - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Tigers Strike Twice in Extras to Stun Hudson Valley - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Davidson And Morban Lead Vermont To 6-4 Win - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Cutters Win Again, Take 3-2 Decision at Auburn - Williamsport Crosscutters
- IronBirds Battle Back Late But Fall Short - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Six Renegades Named to All-Star Team - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Spinners All-Stars Announced Thursday Afternoon - Lowell Spinners
- Four West Virginia Players Selected to NY-Penn League All-Star Game - West Virginia Black Bears
- Spinners Swept in Doubleheader Thursday Afternoon - Lowell Spinners
- 2019 All Star Game Rosters Announced - Staten Island Yankees
- Scrappers Back at Eastwood Field Saturday August 17-19; Free Movie Night Friday - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Cyclones Stars Set to Shine - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Doubledays 2-Hit by Crosscutters - Auburn Doubledays
- August 14th Game Postponed - Staten Island Yankees
- Spikes Succumb to Crosscutters' Late Flurry in 7-5 Defeat - State College Spikes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Aberdeen IronBirds Stories
- IronBirds Invited to Become Class A-Advanced Level Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, Orange Friday Blowout Sale, and 2021 Flex Packs ON-SALE NOW
- IronBirds Receive Notice of Invitation to Retain Affiliation with Orioles
- Movie Night 2: Casper the Friendly Ghost Visits Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
- Watch Toy Story 4 on the Grass at Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
- Aberdeen IronBirds to Host Fans for Crabs and a Game of Catch