Davidson's Homer Sends Monsters to 6-4 Win
BURLINGTON, VT - Logan Davidson, the first-round pick of the Oakland Athletics, demolished a go-ahead two-run home run in the eighth to send the Lake Monsters to a 6-4 comeback victory over the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, Thursday night to win the series at Centennial Field.
W: Morban (1-1)
L: Leon (1-2)
Cyclones HR: Peroza (3), Genord (8)
Logan Davidson mashed a two-run home run over the right field fence in the bottom of the eighth against Nelson Leon, giving the Lake Monsters a 6-4 lead.
Behind a three-run rally in the sixth against Dan Goggin, the Lake Monsters tied the game 4-4. Dustin Harris' sacrifice fly completed the rally.
The Cyclones jumped out to a 4-1 lead over the first three innings behind Luke Ritter's RBI double, Jose Peroza's solo slam, and Joe Genord's solo home run against Vermont starter Tyler Baum.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
Jose Peroza: 1-4, HR, 2 RBI, R
Joe Genord: 1-4, HR, RBI, R
Gavin Garay: 2-4
Yoel Romero: 2-4, R
NEWS & NOTES
The Cyclones have dropped three straight contests, and the first two games of this series.
After going 14-7 on the road during June and July, the Cyclones are 1-6 on the road in August.
Gavin Garay is 7-11 against the Lake Monsters this season, collecting two doubles and a home run.
Cyclones at Vermont Lake Monsters - Friday, 7:05 p.m.
Centennial Field - Burlington, VT
Probables: RHP Matt Cleveland (3-2, 3.46) vs. RHP Seth Shuman (0-3, 3.70)
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Fuller Homers to Help Spikes Past Scrappers in 5-2 Victory - State College Spikes
- All Pitch, No Hit, Gades Whipped - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Davidson's Homer Sends Monsters to 6-4 Win - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Tigers Strike Twice in Extras to Stun Hudson Valley - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Davidson And Morban Lead Vermont To 6-4 Win - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Cutters Win Again, Take 3-2 Decision at Auburn - Williamsport Crosscutters
- IronBirds Battle Back Late But Fall Short - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Six Renegades Named to All-Star Team - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Spinners All-Stars Announced Thursday Afternoon - Lowell Spinners
- Four West Virginia Players Selected to NY-Penn League All-Star Game - West Virginia Black Bears
- Spinners Swept in Doubleheader Thursday Afternoon - Lowell Spinners
- 2019 All Star Game Rosters Announced - Staten Island Yankees
- Scrappers Back at Eastwood Field Saturday August 17-19; Free Movie Night Friday - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Cyclones Stars Set to Shine - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Doubledays 2-Hit by Crosscutters - Auburn Doubledays
- August 14th Game Postponed - Staten Island Yankees
- Spikes Succumb to Crosscutters' Late Flurry in 7-5 Defeat - State College Spikes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.