Iowa Wild Signs Forward Tyler Sheehy to ATO
DES MOINES, IOWA - Iowa Wild General Manager Tom Kurvers announced today the club has signed forward Tyler Sheehy to an Amateur Try-Out Agreement.
Sheehy, 23 (11/20/95), joins the Wild after finishing up his senior season at the University of Minnesota, where he posted 41 points (12g, 29a) in 38 games with the Golden Gophers. His 29 assists led the team and his 41 points ranked second.
A two-time captain of Minnesota, the 5-foot-11, 190-pound native of Burnsville, MN, played at a point-per-game pace for his career with the Golden Gophers, amassing 149 points (56g, 93a) in 149 games.
Sheehy had a career-year his sophomore season, posting 53 points (20g, 33a) in 38 games, the best campaign by a Golden Gopher since 2005-06. Sheehy was named a First Team All-American, 2017 Big Ten Player of the Year, First Team All-Big Ten and Big Ten Co-Scoring Champion for his efforts in 2016-17.
Prior to his career at the University of Minnesota, Sheehy spent parts of four seasons playing in the USHL with the Waterloo Black Hawks, U.S. National U-18 Team and the Youngstown Phantoms. Sheehy registered 104 points (39g, 65a) in 118 games. He also won an Anderson Cup, awarded to the USHL's regular season champion, with the Black Hawks in 2013-14 and the Phantoms in 2014-15.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2019
- STARS Stars Fall to Wolves in 4-1 Decision - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop Third Straight in 5-2 Loss to Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Boost Central Division Lead - Chicago Wolves
- Aube-Kubel Scores Twice in Phantoms Win at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Stun Amerks 5-2 Behind 32 Saves from Jean-Francois Berube - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Lose 7-2 to Thunderbirds - Binghamton Devils
- Greco's 2nd Hat Trick of Year Powers T-Birds Past Devils - Springfield Thunderbirds
- McIntyre Ties Team Shutout Record in 2-0 Win - Providence Bruins
- Comets Snap Winless Skid with Shootout Win - Utica Comets
- Senators Shut out by Providence - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Clinch Spot in Calder Cup Playoffs - Charlotte Checkers
- Detroit Recalls Matt Puempel - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Sign Goaltender Byron Spriggs - Manitoba Moose
- Heat Add Two NCAA Free Agents on ATO's - Stockton Heat
- Sens to Host Relocation and Pick Your Seat Event - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Sign Colton Conrad to Two-Year AHL Contract - Toronto Marlies
- Gulls Reassign Three to ECHL - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Sign Brent Gates Jr. and Steven Ruggiero to Amateur Tryouts - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Wild Signs Forward Tyler Sheehy to ATO - Iowa Wild
- Moose Sign Forward Cole Maier - Manitoba Moose
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Connor Ingram to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs Host Alumni Night, Dri-Fit Quarter Zip Giveaway Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Look to Tame Wild Friday in Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Jets Recall Eric Comrie - Manitoba Moose
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Forward Ryan Lohin to Two-Year Entry-Level Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Host Equipment Sale and Jake Engel Memorial Dog Game - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Bruins, March 22 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.