Heat Look to Tame Wild Friday in Stockton
Friday, March 22, 2019
Arena: Stockton Arena
Date: Friday, March 22, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Broadcast: Watch the game on AHLTV or at watch parties at Channel Brewing Co. or Port City Bar & Grill. The Heat's radio broadcast is available on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
For live, in-game tweets, follow the team on Twitter @AHLHeat. Stay tuned for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game following tonight's action for a chance to win a puck signed by Brett Pollock.
The Heat play host to the Central Division's Iowa Wild for a pair of games this weekend at Stockton Arena, starting tonight at 7 p.m. Tonight's game is the third of the year between the clubs, Stockton recording three of a possible four points in Des Moines in December.
Stockton looks to regain its footing and put an end to a brief three-game skid entering tonight's game. Prior to the recent cold stretch, the Heat had won seven of nine games.
A MEMORABLE HOMECOMING
Last time the Heat and Wild got together, Tyler Graovac dominated play against his former club as he finished the weekend with six points, including the second shorthanded hat trick in AHL history. Graovac, who tied his career high of 21 goals in a season with a goal on Saturday, was named AHL Player of the Week for his impressive play at Iowa.
Tonight's game is just the second all-time meeting between the Heat and Wild at Stockton Arena, the last coming on March 18, 2016 - a 5-1 win for the home team. In that game, the Heat recorded a trio of power play goals en route to the win while Iowa racked up 59 penalty minutes.
Tonight's game against Iowa represents the first time since before the All-Star Break that the Heat have faced an opponent from outside of the Pacific Division. Stockton topped San Antonio in a dramatic, 4-3 overtime win in the club's last non-divisional contest.
With tonight's game against the Wild, Stockton will be facing off against a team in playoff position for the seventh time in a span of 10 games. Entering tonight, the Heat have a record of 4-4-0-1 in that span.
BIG ON SHORTIES
The Heat lead the AHL in shorthanded goals on the year after a recent stretch with eight scores on the PK over the club's last 10 games for a total of 16 on the season. Dillon Dube netted the last shortie for Stockton, his first of four points in Sunday's matinee at San Jose. Last time the Heat and Wild got together, Tyler Graovac registered three SHG in a single game - the second time that feat was accomplished in AHL history.
SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST
The Heat have been strongest this season in the third period of games, outscoring opponents 67-62. Stockton has held that momentum for games that have gone on to 3-on-3 overtime, owning a record of 5-4 in the extra five-minute period.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2019
- STARS Stars Fall to Wolves in 4-1 Decision - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop Third Straight in 5-2 Loss to Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Boost Central Division Lead - Chicago Wolves
- Aube-Kubel Scores Twice in Phantoms Win at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Stun Amerks 5-2 Behind 32 Saves from Jean-Francois Berube - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Lose 7-2 to Thunderbirds - Binghamton Devils
- Greco's 2nd Hat Trick of Year Powers T-Birds Past Devils - Springfield Thunderbirds
- McIntyre Ties Team Shutout Record in 2-0 Win - Providence Bruins
- Comets Snap Winless Skid with Shootout Win - Utica Comets
- Senators Shut out by Providence - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Clinch Spot in Calder Cup Playoffs - Charlotte Checkers
- Detroit Recalls Matt Puempel - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Sign Goaltender Byron Spriggs - Manitoba Moose
- Heat Add Two NCAA Free Agents on ATO's - Stockton Heat
- Sens to Host Relocation and Pick Your Seat Event - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Sign Colton Conrad to Two-Year AHL Contract - Toronto Marlies
- Gulls Reassign Three to ECHL - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Sign Brent Gates Jr. and Steven Ruggiero to Amateur Tryouts - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Wild Signs Forward Tyler Sheehy to ATO - Iowa Wild
- Moose Sign Forward Cole Maier - Manitoba Moose
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Connor Ingram to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs Host Alumni Night, Dri-Fit Quarter Zip Giveaway Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Look to Tame Wild Friday in Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Jets Recall Eric Comrie - Manitoba Moose
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Forward Ryan Lohin to Two-Year Entry-Level Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Host Equipment Sale and Jake Engel Memorial Dog Game - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Bruins, March 22 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.