IceHogs Look to Continue High-Scoring Attack & Open Six-Game Homestand Tonight on $2 Bud Light Friday vs. Monsters
Rockford, IL - The Rockford IceHogs open season-long, six-game homestand tonight on $2 Bud Light Friday against the Cleveland Monsters at 7 p.m. at BMO Harris Bank Center. Tonight is the first of four meetings between the two clubs this season.
Know Before You Go - Join us Tonight at the BMO!
Wear Your Mask - All fans entering the BMO Harris Bank Center over the age of two are required to wear a face mask that completely covers their nose and mouth, except when actively eating or drinking.
Your Phone is Your Ticket - All guests are required to enter IceHogs home games at the BMO Harris Bank Center using a mobile ticket. Be sure to download the IceHogs mobile app, as no printouts or screenshots will be accepted. Download the IceHogs app here!
Leave Your Bags/Purses at Home - The Rockford IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank Center will continue to enforce their clear-bag gameday policy. Clear Back Policy
Cashless Payments Only - Don't forget the BMO Harris Bank Center is a fully cashless arena; cash will not be accepted for food, beverage, and merchandise purchases.
$2 Bud Light Friday Tonight!
Enjoy $2 Bud Light cans tonight through the second intermission! Buy Tickets
IceHogs Begin 2022 with Red-Hot Offense
In their first games of 2022 last weekend, the IceHogs erupted for 14 goals and outscored their opponents 14-2! The IceHogs shutout the Chicago Wolves, 8-0, on Friday at BMO Harris Bank Center and skated to a 6-2 win at Milwaukee on Saturday.
With their 14 goals, the IceHogs tied a team record for the most goals scored in a two-game span. On Apr. 19, 2013, the IceHogs defeated the San Antonio Rampage 9-4 and earned a 5-3 win at Texas the next night. The nine goals vs. San Antonio is the most the IceHogs have scored in a single AHL game in their history.
Lukas Reichel Takes Off in 2022; Earns NHL Debut
Former IceHogs forward and Chicago Blackhawks prospect Lukas Reichel scored three goals and three assists in the two games last weekend, earning him the AHL Player of the Week award. He picked up two goals and two assists for four points on Friday vs. Chicago and added a goal and an assist on Saturday at Milwaukee. He is the first IceHogs player to earn the AHL's weekly award since defenseman Adam Clendening grabbed two goals and five assists for seven points in three games in week 30 of the 2017-18 season.
Reichel is the first IceHogs skater to register a four-point game since Spencer Abbott netted two goals and two assists vs. Milwaukee on Apr. 7, 2015.
On Wednesday, he earned his first call-up to the Chicago Blackhawks and became the 105th IceHogs alumni to go from Rockford to Chicago and fifth alum this season to make his NHL debut on Thursday when he took the ice with the Blackhawks against the Montreal Canadiens. He joins forward Josiah Slavin, defensemen Jakub Galvas and Isaak Phillips and goaltender Arvid Soderblom as IceHogs to make their NHL debuts with the Blackhawks this season.
Home, Sweet Home
The IceHogs begin a season-long, six-game homestand tonight against the Monsters and will rematch tomorrow, Saturday, Jan. 14 at 6 p.m. at BMO Harris Bank Center. The IceHogs honor Martin Luther King Jr. on Monday, Jan. 17 and host the Chicago Wolves at 1 p.m. The homestand will continue on Friday, Jan. 21 at 7p.m. and Saturday, Jan. 22 at 6 p.m. against the Texas Stars. Friday is another $2 Bud Light Friday and Saturday is the IceHogs' annual Autism Awareness Night presented by Lawncare by Walter, Inc. The home cooking wraps up on Wednesday, Jan. 26 at 7 p.m. against the Iowa Wild on a Winning Weekday. Buy Tickets and View Full Promotions
Full Rosters & Media Notes
The Rockford IceHogs rematch against the Cleveland Monsters tomorrow, Saturday, Jan. 14 at 6 p.m. at BMO Harris Bank Center! Join us for the action with tickets starting as low as $11! Buy Tickets
Watch and listen to the action on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank! Tune in from your favorite device, at home or on the road at IceHogs.com and on the IceHogs app! Fans can also watch every IceHogs home game and select road games this season on 23.3 Circle TV and every game on AHLTV and listen in on all of Mid-West Family's local stations including 104.9 The X, B103, 95.3 The Bull, and Rockford Greatest Hits 100.5 and featured on Rock River Current.
2021-22 Regular-Season Records:
Rockford: 13-11-1-1 (3rd, Central Division)
Cleveland: 11-9-4-3 (5th, North Division)
2021-22 Head-to-Head Schedule (Home Games in Bold):
Fri., Jan. 14 vs. Cleveland
Sat., Jan. 15 vs. Cleveland
Sun., Mar. 13 at Cleveland
Tues., Mar. 15 at Cleveland
IceHogs vs. Monsters 2021-22 Head-to-Head Record
IceHogs vs. Monsters, All-Time
38-31-3-1 (23-13-1-0 at home, 15-18-2-1 at Cleveland)
Rockford: Anders Sorensen (4th season with IceHogs, 1st as Interim Head Coach)
Cleveland: Mike Eaves (3rd season with Monsters)
Rockford: Chicago Blackhawks
Cleveland: Columbus Blue Jackets
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Griffins Extend Home Point Streak to Seven Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Suffer Setback in 5-2 Loss to IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Moose Earn Point in OT Loss at Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
- Sandin 2 Goals, Metcalf 39 Saves, Point Streak at 9 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Swaney's Shorthanded Tally Lifts Iowa to 4-3 Victory over Chicago - Iowa Wild
- Despite Barrage of Shots, Penguins Foiled by Phantoms, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Swayman Returns, P-Bruins Score Five Goals to Take Down Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- T-Birds Secure Point But Drop OT Heartbreaker - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Comets Defeat Crunch in Overtime, 4-3 - Utica Comets
- Crunch Fall to Comets, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Rally, But Iowa Answers - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Fall 5-1 to Bruins in Providence - Hartford Wolf Pack
- T-Birds Announce Roster Moves - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Panthers Assign Owen Tippett and Aleksi Heponiemi to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Forward Lukas Reichel Becomes 105th IceHogs Alum to Skate with Blackhawks; Fifth to Make NHL Debut this Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Assign Three to Wolf Pack, Fortunato Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- IceHogs Defenseman Jakub Galvas Becomes 104th Alum To Skate With Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Series Preview vs. Ontario: January 14 & 15 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Roadrunners Acquire Stephen Harper - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers vs. Rangers Rookie Series Coming to PPL Center - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Kile Added, Zamula and Millman Return - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Kyle Criscuolo Returns to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Blues Recall Joshua, Toropchenko - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack Open Weekend with Trip to Providence to Battle Bruins - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blackhawks Send Slavin, Mitchell and Beaudin to IceHogs; McKay Heads to Indy and Lee Released - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Sign Forward Derek Gentile - Hershey Bears
- Comets Sign Goaltender Kasel to Professional Tryout Contract - Utica Comets
- Penguins Sign Pascal Laberge to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game #27: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- IceHogs Look to Continue High-Scoring Attack & Open Six-Game Homestand Tonight on $2 Bud Light Friday vs. Monsters - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Hit the Road for Weekend Road Trip Beginning in Milwaukee Tonight
- Delia Recalled to Blackhawks; Morris and Soderblom Return
- IceHogs Earn Hard Fought Point in Overtime Loss to Wild
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Close Homestand with Winning Weekday Tilt vs. Wild Tonight
- IceHogs Welcome Stars for a "Cold One" Tonight on $2 Bud Light Friday Copy