Howdeshell Loaned, Smereck Reassigned to Rapid City
TUCSON, Ariz. -The Tucson Roadrunners, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Arizona Coyotes, announced today that the club has loaned forward Keeghan Howdeshell to the team's ECHL affiliate the Rapid City Rush and that the Coyotes have reassigned defenseman Jalen Smereck to Rapid City from Tucson.
The 21-year-old Howdeshell has registered six goals and ten assists for a total of 16 points in 26 games played with Rapid City this season. A native of Brighton, MI, Howdeshell was signed by the Roadrunners in April following a successful two-year stint in the Ontario Hockey League as a member of the Soo Greyhounds, where he was teammates with Arizona Coyotes' 2018 first round draft selection Barrett Hayton.
Smereck, 22, has posted three assists in 19 games with Tucson this season. As a member of the Rush, the Detroit, MI born defenseman has two points in four games after being a 2019 ECHL All-Star.
On The Ice
Following another win for the team Saturday night in front of a sold out crowd in Colorado, the Roadrunners extended their lead atop the American Hockey League's standings with their record of 26-8-1-0.
The team is the only one in the Pacific Division to have three of its skaters inside the league's Top 15 in scoring.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2020
- Carcone Hat-Trick Leads Sens to Win in Manitoba - Belleville Senators
- Condors Home with $5 Margaritas and $2 Sodas Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Howdeshell Loaned, Smereck Reassigned to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- $5 Kids Tickets, Console, Poster and Popsocket Giveaways Highlight Monday Matinee - Rockford IceHogs
- Chicago Wolves Players Ready for Read to Succeed Visits - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Bears Weekly #16: Red-Hot Hershey Opens Busy Week in Charlotte - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic to Air Live on NHL Network and TSN - AHL
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 13-19 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Nagle Recalled from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Florida Panthers Loan G Sam Montembeault to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Pickard Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Grand Rapids' Calvin Pickard Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Davidsson Chasing One Dream with His Younger Brother - Belleville Senators
- Dickinson Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, January 13 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.