Carcone Hat-Trick Leads Sens to Win in Manitoba
Michael Carcone had a hat-trick as the Belleville Senators made it three straight wins on its mammoth road trip after a 5-3 win over the Manitoba Moose.
Parker Kelly and Alex Formenton also scored for the Senators while Joey Daccord stopped 23 shots. Manitoba's Kristian Reichel, Skyler McKenzie and Ryan White had goals as Eric Comrie made 35 saves.
It took all of 86 seconds for the Senators to open the scoring through Carcone as he protected the puck down the right wing before cutting above the crease and sliding the puck under Comrie's right pad.
Reichel tied the game at 2:41 on a backhander out front but 59 seconds Carcone's second of the period restored the Senators lead as hammered in a rebound. Manitoba squared things up again at 8:36 through McKenzie's eight of the season but Carcone's third of the frame at 16:08 completed his hat-trick on the power play and a 14:42 hatty.
It was a much quieter that saw just one goal - although Carcone nearly had a fourth goal as he hit the post - with Kelly grabbing his fifth of the season at 10:12 as Logan Brown poked the puck out into the slot of the rookie to hammer home for a 4-2 lead.
White made it a one-goal game with 4:46 to play as he was on hand to deposit a rebound after Daccord had denied Reichel with his right pad but Formenton secured the two points with an empty-net goal with 2:13 left in regulation.
Carcone's hat-trick was the fastest in Senators history from the start of a game (16:08) as well as the quickest from time of first goal to third goal (14:42). Brown registered a career high four assists in the game.
The victory sent the Senators to the top of the North Division with 49 points.
Belleville is back in action Wednesday night when they face Manitoba once again. The Sens aren't home until Jan. 25 when they host the Comets on Bell Let's Talk night. Tickets are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2020
- Carcone Hat-Trick Leads Sens to Win in Manitoba - Belleville Senators
- Condors Home with $5 Margaritas and $2 Sodas Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Howdeshell Loaned, Smereck Reassigned to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- $5 Kids Tickets, Console, Poster and Popsocket Giveaways Highlight Monday Matinee - Rockford IceHogs
- Chicago Wolves Players Ready for Read to Succeed Visits - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Bears Weekly #16: Red-Hot Hershey Opens Busy Week in Charlotte - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic to Air Live on NHL Network and TSN - AHL
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 13-19 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Nagle Recalled from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Florida Panthers Loan G Sam Montembeault to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Pickard Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Grand Rapids' Calvin Pickard Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Davidsson Chasing One Dream with His Younger Brother - Belleville Senators
- Dickinson Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, January 13 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.