Howarth and Nylander Push IceHogs over Admirals with 2-1 Victory
Rockford, IL - Forward Alex Nylander buried the game-winning goal in the third period, and forward Kale Howarth picked up his first AHL tally as the Rockford IceHogs (6-7-1-1) defeated the Milwaukee Admirals (5-11-1-0) 2-1 at the BMO Harris Bank Center Sunday afternoon. The IceHogs completed a three-game in three-day weekend with a 1-1-0-1 record and finished the month of November with a 4-3-1-1 standing.
The Admirals began the scoring early when former IceHogs forward Graham Knott found forward Matt Luff for a quick strike down the right wing 53 seconds into the contest. The IceHogs regrouped and quickly tied the contest as Howarth deflected in his first AHL goal past Admirals netminder Connor Ingram (L, 19 saves on 21 shots) at 3:05.
Both clubs turned up the pressure in the second period with 33 combined shots, but remain tied through 40 minutes of play. IceHogs netminder Arvid Soderblom (W, 36 saves on 37 shots) denied all 19 Admirals shots in the frame.
In the final period, the IceHogs broke through on the power play as Nylander knocked in a rebound from a Dylan McLaughlin shot at 4:13. Defenseman Alec Regula started the play with some smooth stickhandling to bring the puck into the attacking zone. Soderblom denied a late push by the Admirals, making 12 saves in the period, to seal the victory.
The IceHogs finished the game 1-for-4 on the power play while the Admirals went 0-for-2.
The Rockford IceHogs open a three-game road trip on Wednesday, Dec. 1 against the Milwaukee Admirals at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena at 7 p.m. The IceHogs return home to BMO Harris Bank Center on Wednesday, Dec. 8 against the Iowa Wild at 7 p.m. for a Winning Weekday! If the IceHogs win, YOU WIN! If the IceHogs grab the victory, every fan in attendance will receive a FREE ticket to the next IceHogs weekday game (Tuesday, Dec. 21)! Buy Tickets
Watch and listen to the action on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank! Tune in from your favorite device, at home or on the road at IceHogs.com and on the IceHogs app! Fans can also watch every IceHogs home game and select road games this season on 23.3 Circle TV and every game on AHLTV and listen in on all of Mid-West Family's local stations including 104.9 The X, B103, 95.3 The Bull, and Rockford Greatest Hits 100.5 and featured on Rock River Current.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2021
- Howarth and Nylander Push IceHogs over Admirals with 2-1 Victory - Rockford IceHogs
- Ads Win Streak in Rockford Snapped - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins Drop Sixth Straight against Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wild Fall to the Silver Knights, 6-5 - Iowa Wild
- Come-From-Behind Effort Propels Silver Knights to 6-5 Victory over Wild - Henderson Silver Knights
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Groulx - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Make Most of Shots in Second Period of Win over Texas - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Complete Weekend Sweep - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Score Two in the Third But Fall 5-3 in Manitoba - Texas Stars
- Checkers Fall to First-Place Comets 5-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Laberge Leads Team against Checkers in 5-2 Win - Utica Comets
- Panthers Assign Aleksi Heponiemi to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- St. Louis Blues Recall F Logan Brown from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Matt Berry Joins Griffins on PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Complete Three-Game in Three-Day Weekend Today vs. Admirals at BMO Harris Bank Center - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Secure Comeback Win Over Canucks - Tucson Roadrunners
- Dostal, Gulls Down Bakersfield, 2-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Abbotsford Canucks Lose Heartbreaker in the Desert - Abbotsford Canucks
- Phillips and Galvas Strike and IceHogs Earn Point in Shootout Loss in Rosemont - Rockford IceHogs
- Czarnik Leads Islanders over Phantoms 4-1 - Bridgeport Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Season Comes to an End, Wolves Advance to Central Division Finals
- IceHogs Look to Keep Season Alive with Win over Wolves Tonight at the BMO
- IceHogs Outshot, Overpowered by Wolves
- IceHogs and Wolves Meet for Game 2 of Central Division Semifinals Tonight in Rosemont
- Hogs Fall to Wolves in Game 1 of Central Division Semifinals