Come-From-Behind Effort Propels Silver Knights to 6-5 Victory over Wild
The Henderson Silver Knights won, 6-5, against the Iowa Wild on Sunday afternoon at Orleans Arena. After trailing for the majority of the third period, goals from Pavel Dorofeyev, Ben Jones, Jonas Rondbjerg and Jake Leschyshyn in the final minutes of the frame put the Silver Knights in the lead.
HOW IT WENT DOWN
The Silver Knights started the game with Colt Conrad finding the back of the Wild's net early in the matchup. Mason Shaw tied the game up with a goal at the midway point of the first. Jonas Rondbjerg gave HSK their second lead of the night with a late first period goal, making the score 2-1. The Wild took their first lead in the second period, with goals from Dakota Mermis and Connor Dewar. Dewar furthered the lead with his second goal of the night midway through the third frame. Cody McLeod added another tally for the Wild and was answered with an HSK goal from Pavel Dorofeyev. Ben Jones quickly got a fourth goal for the Silver Knights at 17:11 in the third. Within three minutes, Rondbjerg got his second of the night, and Jake Leschyshyn scored the winning goal for the Silver Knights. The final score of the game was 6-5. Logan Thompson stopped 44 of 49 shots on goal.
The Silver Knights will be traveling to Mechanics Bank Arena to take on the Bakersfield Condors. The matchup will be on Dec. 3 at 7 p.m. PT. Watch the game on AHLtv or listen on 1230 The Game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2021
- Howarth and Nylander Push IceHogs over Admirals with 2-1 Victory - Rockford IceHogs
- Ads Win Streak in Rockford Snapped - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins Drop Sixth Straight against Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wild Fall to the Silver Knights, 6-5 - Iowa Wild
- Come-From-Behind Effort Propels Silver Knights to 6-5 Victory over Wild - Henderson Silver Knights
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Groulx - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Make Most of Shots in Second Period of Win over Texas - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Complete Weekend Sweep - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Score Two in the Third But Fall 5-3 in Manitoba - Texas Stars
- Checkers Fall to First-Place Comets 5-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Laberge Leads Team against Checkers in 5-2 Win - Utica Comets
- Panthers Assign Aleksi Heponiemi to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- St. Louis Blues Recall F Logan Brown from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Matt Berry Joins Griffins on PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Complete Three-Game in Three-Day Weekend Today vs. Admirals at BMO Harris Bank Center - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Secure Comeback Win Over Canucks - Tucson Roadrunners
- Dostal, Gulls Down Bakersfield, 2-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Abbotsford Canucks Lose Heartbreaker in the Desert - Abbotsford Canucks
- Phillips and Galvas Strike and IceHogs Earn Point in Shootout Loss in Rosemont - Rockford IceHogs
- Czarnik Leads Islanders over Phantoms 4-1 - Bridgeport Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Henderson Silver Knights Stories
- Gabe Mirabelli Named Silver Knights IOA/American Specialty Person of the Year
- Henderson Falls 5-2 to Eagles, End Calder Cup Playoff Run
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Partnership with Nevada Beverage
- Silver Knights Fall 5-2 to Eagles in Game One, Round One of Playoffs
- Playoff Preview: Round One vs. Colorado