Hockey Fights Cancer, Stroll on State Game Highlight Weekend Set
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs return home to the BMO Harris Bank Center this weekend for promo-packed home games against the Chicago Wolves and Grand Rapids Griffins. Friday marks the return of the team's annual Hockey Fights Cancer Night with specialty jerseys, while Saturday will treat fans to a break from the cold with free mittens (courtesy of BMO Harris Bank) and a hot chocolate bar during downtown Rockford's Stroll on State event.
FRIDAY, NOV. 29 VS. CHICAGO WOLVES
Time: Puck drop is 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Hockey Fights Cancer: Since 1998, Hockey Fights Cancer, a joint initiative of the NHL and NHL Players' Association, has been uniting the hockey community in support of cancer patients and their families. Throughout the evening on Nov. 29, the IceHogs will be honoring and recognizing those whose lives have been impacted by cancer. Fans are encouraged to wear lavender to the game to join the support of the Hockey Fights Cancer initiative. "I Fight For" signs will also be available in the Fan Zone to honor family, friends and loved ones who have been affected the disease.
Jersey Auction: The IceHogs will don limited-edition lavender Hockey Fights Cancer themed jerseys for the contest, and the specialty sweaters will be auctioned off throughout the game, with proceeds benefiting SwedishAmerican Foundation. The jerseys will be available through an in-person, blind-silent auction, a jersey raffle on the concourse (two jerseys), the DASH app (three jerseys) and eBay (three jerseys). eBay auctions will begin the following Tuesday, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m.
Love Your Melon: In support of the Hockey Fights Cancer initiative, the IceHogs are teaming up with Love Your Melon in an effort to battle pediatric cancer. Purchase your tickets through this link and receive a limited-edition Rockford IceHogs Love Your Melon beanie. Beanies will be available to be picked up at the Ticket Services Table behind section 206 (next to Oink Outfitters) beginning on Nov. 29.
For additional information on the Love Your Melon initiative, visit this LINK.
SATURDAY, NOV. 30 VS. GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS
Time: Puck drop is at 5 p.m. Doors open at 4 p.m.
**(additional timing info below)
Stroll on State: Stop in the BMO during Rockford's annual Stroll on State celebration. The IceHogs host a crucial divisional matchup against the Grand Rapids Griffins and tickets are available for as low as $12.
BMO Harris Bank Mittens Giveaway: The first 1,500 fans in attendance will receive a free pair of blue mittens, courtesy of BMO Harris Bank.
Hot Chocolate Bar: Warm up from the cold with the IceHogs' hot chocolate bar in the BMO Harris Bank Center. Hot chocolate will be available for just $3 and fans can choose between a variety of different add-ins for their drink.
All BMO customers will receive a voucher for one complimentary cup of hot chocolate when entering through the BMO doors off Main St.
Hockey Backdrop for Holiday Card Photo Ops: Fans can take pictures in front of the IceHogs hockey backdrop inside the BMO. The backdrop is a picture of the ice and arena stands, so fans can pose as if they were on the BMO ice surface during an IceHogs hockey game. This is a perfect photo op for your 2019 holiday cards.
Hogs & Hops: Fans can purchase one upper endzone ticket and two drink tickets redeemable for soda, water or beer for just $22. To redeem drink tickets for beer (Budweiser or Bud Light), visit River City, Blue Flame Grill or Goose Island Deck on the BMO Harris Bank Center concourse.
Holiday Karaoke Competition: Fans are invited to join the IceHogs' Holiday Karaoke competition on the concourse prior to the start of the Hogs game against the Griffins. A panel of judges from Channel 17 WTVO will name a winner of the competition and he or she will be recognized on the video board during the game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2019
- Post Game Notes: Stars 7 vs. Wild 3 - Texas Stars
- Checkers Kick off Home Stand with Tough Loss to Monsters - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Beat Checkers 3-1 for Third Straight Win - Cleveland Monsters
- Condors Host Tucson at 5 p.m. Wednesday for Thanksgiving Eve - Bakersfield Condors
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Mahura to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Weekly, November 26-December 1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Goaltender Colton Point Reassigned to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Bears Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Highlights Holiday Week of Home Games - Hershey Bears
- Hockey Fights Cancer, Stroll on State Game Highlight Weekend Set - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Recall Forward Shawn McBride from Norfolk - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rocket Raise $16,560 for Leucan to Fight Pediatric Cancer - Laval Rocket
- Griffins Tackle Three Games in Four Nights During Thanksgiving Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weekly: Penguins' Defense and Goaltending Among AHL's Best - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canucks Recall Goldobin, Baertschi Returned on Loan - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces New Officiating Development Agreement with NHL - AHL
- Win Blackhawks Tickets, Secure IceHogs Seats with Hogs' Holiday Package - Rockford IceHogs
- Blue Jackets Recall Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks, Assign Net-Minder Elvis Merzlikins - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Partner with abc27 to Televise Games Starting with Sunday's Teddy Bear Toss - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 8 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.