Heartlanders Bury Kansas City, 4-1
Coralville, IA - Iowa Heartlanders captain Kris Bennett scored 1:50 into the game, assisted by Yuki Miura, and the Landers never looked back, defeating the Kansas City Mavericks, 4-1, Wednesday at Xtream Arena. Bennett scored twice, with Miura earning the primary helper on both goals. On Bennett's second strike, Miura went back door to the left door step for Bennett, who slammed in his team-leading 8th of the season. Miura has four points in four games (1g).
The Heartlanders attempted 51 shots, their most ever in a game.
Ben Sokay (6:15 of 2nd) and Bryce Gervais (10:01 of 2nd) tallied in a long middle frame that resulted from growing physicality and penalties. The Heartlanders had 19 penalty minutes and the Mavericks had 49.
Sokay has goals in two straight, the first two of his career. Gervais has also found twine in back-to-back games.
Hunter Jones blocked 31 shots (1 GA) and was given the game's third star. Daniil Chechelev made 47 saves (4 GA).
Iowa faces Wheeling in back-to-back games on Black Friday and Saturday the 27th, with all puck drops at 7:00 p.m. Season ticket memberships, group tickets, mini-plans, flex vouchers and single-game tickets are available for the Heartlanders inaugural season by calling 319-569-GOAL and visiting iowaheartlanders.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 25, 2021
- Dickinson's Goal Lifts Walleye over Komets in Overtime Thriller - Toledo Walleye
- Rabbits Comeback Falls Short against Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Special Teams Roars to Life in Gladiators Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - November 25 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Edge Admirals in Thanksgiving Matchup - Norfolk Admirals
- Solar Bears Win Thanksgiving Showdown with Admirals, 3-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kielly Joins Gladiators' Forward Group - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Claim Nico Blachman off Waivers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Welcome Swamp Rabbits to Thanksgiving Table - Atlanta Gladiators
- Americans Lose Tight Battle in Idaho - Allen Americans
- Rush Claims OT Win vs. Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Soar over Americans, 4-2, in Third-Straight Sellout - Idaho Steelheads
- 10,317 Fans Watch as Cyclones Beat Toledo, 9-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Heartlanders Bury Kansas City, 4-1 - Iowa Heartlanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.