Rabbits Comeback Falls Short against Gladiators
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits late-game efforts were not enough to complete the comeback as the team fell to the Atlanta Gladiators 4-3 on Thursday night at Gas South Arena.
Greenville scored just 51 seconds into the first period as Liam Pecararo picked up an Atlanta turnover and lifted it home for his third goal of the season. With time winding down in the frame, Hugo Roy scored a shorthanded goal to put Atlanta on the board at the 19:58 mark.
In the opening moments of the second, Roy would add a power play goal to his stat line before Michael Pelech added a second man-advantage tally to grow the Atlanta lead to 3-1. Beyond the midway point of the period, Atlanta's lead would grow to 4-1 with a tip-in goal from Gabe Guertler.
The Swamp Rabbits received a much-needed goal from Pecararo just 1:44 into the third to give the comeback effort life. Late in the third, in a six-on-3 power play situation with the net empty, Greenville would score a third goal, this time from Diego Cuglietta, but would not be able to find the tying goal.
Greenville will stay on the road on Friday for a 7:05 p.m. meeting with the South Carolina Stingrays at the North Charleston Coliseum.
Swamp Rabbits Single Game Tickets are on sale now! For more information or to secure your seats today call 864-674-PUCK (7825) or email INFO@SwampRabbits.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 25, 2021
- Dickinson's Goal Lifts Walleye over Komets in Overtime Thriller - Toledo Walleye
- Rabbits Comeback Falls Short against Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Special Teams Roars to Life in Gladiators Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - November 25 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Edge Admirals in Thanksgiving Matchup - Norfolk Admirals
- Solar Bears Win Thanksgiving Showdown with Admirals, 3-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kielly Joins Gladiators' Forward Group - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Claim Nico Blachman off Waivers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Welcome Swamp Rabbits to Thanksgiving Table - Atlanta Gladiators
- Americans Lose Tight Battle in Idaho - Allen Americans
- Rush Claims OT Win vs. Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Soar over Americans, 4-2, in Third-Straight Sellout - Idaho Steelheads
- 10,317 Fans Watch as Cyclones Beat Toledo, 9-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Heartlanders Bury Kansas City, 4-1 - Iowa Heartlanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.