Growlers and Mac Daddies Split in Tuesday Doubleheader
The Kalamazoo Growlers and the Kalamazoo Mac Daddies split a two-game doubleheader on Tuesday night, with the Mac Daddies winning game one, 4-3, and the Growlers taking the second game, 1-0.
The Kalamazoo Mac Daddies defeated the Kalamazoo Growlers in the first game of Tuesday's doubleheader, 4-3.
Tanner Knapp (Kalamazoo Valley Community College) picked up the win for the Mac Daddies, going 4.2 innings, giving up 7 hits and 3 runs with 3 strikeouts and 2 walks. The losing pitcher for the Growlers was Twon Harris (Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College) who went 2 innings and gave up 2 runs on four hits and a walk.
The Mac Daddies started off the scoring in the second inning as Parker Murdie (Grand Valley State University) singled to score Alex Ludwick (Baldwin Wallace University). Vince Bianchina (Northwestern University) also added a sacrifice fly later in the second inning.
Anthony Calarco (Northwestern University) doubled the Mac Daddies' lead in the top of the fifth by blasting a two-run homer to left field.
The Growlers fought back in the bottom half of the fifth, scoring three runs with Carson Greene (Stanford University) picking up an RBI single and Trent Quartermaine (Ball State University) knocking in two runs with a double.
James Krick (Hillsdale College) came in to shut the door for the Mac Daddies and earned the save by getting Joseph Kalafut (Edgewood College) to ground out to end the game.
The Kalamazoo Growlers defeated the Kalamazoo Mac Daddies in the second game of Tuesday's doubleheader, 1-0.
Adam Wheaton (Trine University) threw his fourth complete game, striking out six and giving up only two hits. Parker Sisovsky (Kalamazoo College) also threw a complete game but took the loss after giving up one run in four innings of work.
Austin Earl (West Virginia University) came up with the game-winning double in the fourth inning, scoring Ben Mets (Davenport University).
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 11, 2020
- Booyah Stumble out of Gate in Loss - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Clinch Division Title with Season-High Fifteen Runs over Booyah - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Beat Stingers to Split Series - Willmar Stingers
- Rox Split Two-Game Series with MoonDogs, Return Home Wednesday - St. Cloud Rox
- Late Loggers Rally Falls Short in 10-7 Loss to Fond du Lac - La Crosse Loggers
- Pitching Propels Pit Spitters Win - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Four Different MoonDogs Combine for Shutout and Series Split against Rox - Mankato MoonDogs
- Woodchucks Crush Rivets in Tuesday's Series Opener - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Growlers and Mac Daddies Split in Tuesday Doubleheader - Kalamazoo Growlers
- The Duluth Huskies Golf Scramble August 22nd - Duluth Huskies
- Wisconsin Rapids Starts Two-Game Series in Green Bay - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Booyah Start Home Stretch with Rafters - Green Bay Booyah
- Larks Join BisMarket Block Party on August 15 - Bismarck Larks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.