Booyah Start Home Stretch with Rafters
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah welcome the Rafters to town to open up their final two-game set with Wisconsin Rapids this season.
Green Bay comes in following back-to-back losses at La Crosse this weekend, losing both games 7-6. The Booyah were hounded by mistakes defensively against the Loggers, committing 10 errors over the course of two games. Pitching was also an issue for Green Bay during their two games at Copeland Park, walking 16 total batters during the weekend series.
Wisconsin Rapids comes to Titletown with a 26-10 record, with a 5-1 record against the Booyah this season, including a 2-0 record at Capital Credit Union Park. With a win tonight or a La Crosse loss, Wisconsin Rapids can lock up home field advantage for the first-round playoff game in the West division. In the East, Fond du Lac has an eight game lead over the Booyah for first place with ten games to play, and Green Bay sits a half-game ahead of Rockford for the last spot in the postseason race.
Tonight, Green Bay sends right hander Avery Stephens to the mound to make his first start this season. The St. Cloud State product has a 1-0 record on the year, with a 6.94 ERA. Stephens will be facing Travis Adams for Wisconsin Rapids, who is also 1-0, but has an ERA of 1.38 on the year. In seven innings pitched against the Booyah this year, Adams has allowed one earned run and struck out nine.
First pitch from Capital Credit Union Park is set for 6:35pm, as the Booyah begin a four game homestand following the off-day Monday. All four home games start at 6:35pm, with La Crosse coming to town on Thursday and Friday. Wednesday is also Bark in the Park Night, presented by Skyline Exhibit Resource and Mit Liebe Dog Rescue.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 11, 2020
- Booyah Stumble out of Gate in Loss - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Clinch Division Title with Season-High Fifteen Runs over Booyah - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Beat Stingers to Split Series - Willmar Stingers
- Rox Split Two-Game Series with MoonDogs, Return Home Wednesday - St. Cloud Rox
- Late Loggers Rally Falls Short in 10-7 Loss to Fond du Lac - La Crosse Loggers
- Pitching Propels Pit Spitters Win - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Four Different MoonDogs Combine for Shutout and Series Split against Rox - Mankato MoonDogs
- Woodchucks Crush Rivets in Tuesday's Series Opener - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Growlers and Mac Daddies Split in Tuesday Doubleheader - Kalamazoo Growlers
- The Duluth Huskies Golf Scramble August 22nd - Duluth Huskies
- Wisconsin Rapids Starts Two-Game Series in Green Bay - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Booyah Start Home Stretch with Rafters - Green Bay Booyah
- Larks Join BisMarket Block Party on August 15 - Bismarck Larks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah Succeed at Providing Community with Safe Summer Entertainment
- Green Bay Booyah to Host Wine Dinner September 17th
- Open Letter from Booyah VP: Thank You, Fans
- Green Bay Booyah Season Ends in Fond du Lac
- Green Bay Heads to Fond du Lac for First Playoff Game Since 2015