Grizzlies Issue 8 Qualifying Offers for 15-16 Season
West Valley City, Utah - Utah Grizzlies Head Coach/General Manager Tim Branham today issued eight players qualifying offers for the 2015-2016 season.
Ryan Hayes: 28 goals and 19 assists for 47 points in 46 games with Utah, including 11 playoff games after being acquired from Stockton in January.
Brenden Walker: 12 goals and 10 assists for 22 points in 20 total games with Utah, including seven playoff games, after being acquired from Gwinnett in March.
T.J. Syner: 17 goals and 22 assists for 39 points in 56 games with Utah, including 11 playoff games in first season with Grizzlies in 2014-2015.
Barry Almeida: 13 goals and 27 assists for 40 points in 55 games during first season in Utah.
Alex Krushelnyski: ECHL All-Star in rookie season, finishing sixth in rookie scoring and second in rookie assists with 17 goals and 40 assists for 57 points in 62 games. Won fastest skater in league at ECHL All-Star Game on January 21.
Alex MacMillan: Signed with team after completing college at American International College, playing in eight games with the Grizzlies totaling three assists and skating in six games with Anaheim's AHL affiliate in Norfolk in March and April.
H.T. Lenz: 11 goals and 11 assists for 22 points in 62 regular season games in rookie season and played in 11 playoff games.
Marc Cantin: Two goals and two assists for four points in ten games with Utah, before playing 21 games with Anaheim's AHL affiliate in Norfolk.
Mike Folkes: Entering third season with Grizzlies, having played in 82 games the last two seasons totaling a plus-14 with one goal and nine assists.
Each ECHL team was entitled to reserve the rights to a maximum of eight qualified players from the 2014-2015 season.
The qualifying offer will remain open for acceptance until August 1 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season. All players qualified by Utah are non-veterans.
The Grizzlies open the 2015-2016 home schedule at Maverik Center against the Allen Americans on Friday, October 23 and Saturday, October 24.
Ticket packages for the 2015-2016 season are on sale now at start at just $30. For more information, visit http://www.utahgrizzlies.com or call (801) 988-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 1, 2015
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Allen Americans
- Nailers Announce 2015 Qualifying Offers - Wheeling Nailers
- Elmira Extends Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Elmira Jackals
- Aces Announce Qualifying Offers - Alaska Aces
- K-Wings Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Pick up Forward, Defenseman in Trade with Missouri - Norfolk Admirals
- Wichita Announces Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Wichita Thunder
- Road Warriors Submit Qualifying Offers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Evansville IceMen Announce Qualifying Offers List - Evansville IceMen
- Mavericks Acquire Sebastien Sylvestre; Missouri Trades Alex Lepkowski and Kain Allicock to Norfolk - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Tulsa Oilers
- Get to Know Head Coach Anthony Noreen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Idaho Announces Qualifying Contract Offers - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Thunder Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Sign Aneloski, McAvoy, Extend Qualifying Offers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Announce Eight Qualifying Offers - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fuel Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Announce Qualifying Offers List - Kansas City Mavericks
- Reading Royals Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight - Reading Royals
- Eagles Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Announce Eight Players Receiving Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Quad City Mallards
- Grizzlies Issue 8 Qualifying Offers for 15-16 Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Announce Roster Moves - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Mavericks Re-Sign Two Defensemen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Receives Website Award of Excellence - ECHL
- Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.