Elmira Extends Qualifying Offers to Six Players
ELMIRA, NY - July 1, 2015 - The Elmira Jackals, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres and the AHL's Rochester Americans, announced today that the team has extended qualifying offers to six players for the 2015-2016 season.
Ryan Rashid - As a rookie, Rashid posted 16 goals, 25 assists and 41 points. The Farmington Hills, Mich. native led the team in assists and finished second in points, while adding a plus-7 rating in 65 games played. Rashid's assist and point totals ranked first among team rookies and his goal total finished tied for second among first-year skaters.
Brodie Reid - Reid recorded nine points (three goals, six assists) in nine games with the Jackals last season. The Delta, British Columbia native spent the rest of the season in the American Hockey League, skating in one scoreless contest with the St. John's IceCaps, posted five points (three goals, two assists) in 11 games with the Adirondack Flames and registering 10 points (six goals, four assists) in 31 games with the Rochester Americans.
Taylor Stefishen - The first-year forward finished with 40 points (16 goals, 24 assists) and 79 penalty minutes in 58 games with the Jackals. The North Vancouver, British Columbia native was tied for team lead with six power-play goals, finished tied for second in goals and ranked third in points. Stefishen also appeared in four AHL games with the Texas Stars and recorded one assist in addition to skating in six contests with the Adirondack Flames.
Thomas Nesbitt - Nesbitt finished fifth on the squad with 32 points (13 goals, 19 assists) and 62 penalty minutes in 70 games played. The Stittsville, Ontario native ranked second on the team with 175 shots on goal, tied for fifth in assists and finished sixth in goals.
Dan Kolomatis - The Basking Ridge, NJ native was claimed off waivers by the Jackals at the end of the 2014-15 season. Previously, Kolomatis skated in five contests with the South Carolina Stingrays following the conclusion of his collegiate career at Merrimack College. He set a career high with 17 points (three goals, 14 assists) as a senior for the Warriors while serving as the team's captain. Kolomatis posted 41 points (11 goals, 30 assists) in 142 NCAA games.
Steven Shamanski - Shamanski recorded a record-breaking season as a rookie blueliner for the Jackals. The Carberry, Manitoba native set a new single-season record for a Jackals defenseman with 14 goals scored and tied a single-season mark with six power-play goals. Shamanski's six power-play goals tied him for the team lead with Taylor Stefishen. Shamanski also finished tied for second on the team with 24 assists and ranked fourth overall in points (38) in 68 games played. He also appeared in one AHL game with Rochester, one contest with the Springfield Falcons and recorded an assist in four games with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
Players who had already signed a contract by June 30 did not need to receive a qualifying offer.
Each team was entitled to reserve the rights to a maximum of eight qualified players. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four could be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the upcoming 2015-16 season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until Aug. 1 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games, will retain the rights to that player until Aug. 1. After Aug. 1, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, the player shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 31, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
Don't miss a minute of the action with Jackals season tickets! Call (607) 734-7825 or visit jackalshockey.com to order your season tickets today!
Follow the Jackals at www.jackalshockey.com, on Facebook, Twitter (@JackalsHockey) and Instagram for all the latest news and updates.
Group tickets are a great way to entertain employees, co-workers, clients, friends and family. For more information on discounted group tickets and a list of group benefits, call (607) 734-7825 or visit http://www.jackalshockey.com/groups/.
Officially licensed Elmira Jackals replica team jerseys, apparel and headwear can be purchased online at: http://www.jackalshockey.com/
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 1, 2015
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Allen Americans
- Nailers Announce 2015 Qualifying Offers - Wheeling Nailers
- Elmira Extends Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Elmira Jackals
- Aces Announce Qualifying Offers - Alaska Aces
- K-Wings Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Pick up Forward, Defenseman in Trade with Missouri - Norfolk Admirals
- Wichita Announces Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Wichita Thunder
- Road Warriors Submit Qualifying Offers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Evansville IceMen Announce Qualifying Offers List - Evansville IceMen
- Mavericks Acquire Sebastien Sylvestre; Missouri Trades Alex Lepkowski and Kain Allicock to Norfolk - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Tulsa Oilers
- Get to Know Head Coach Anthony Noreen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Idaho Announces Qualifying Contract Offers - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Thunder Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Sign Aneloski, McAvoy, Extend Qualifying Offers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Announce Eight Qualifying Offers - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fuel Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Announce Qualifying Offers List - Kansas City Mavericks
- Reading Royals Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight - Reading Royals
- Eagles Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Announce Eight Players Receiving Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Quad City Mallards
- Grizzlies Issue 8 Qualifying Offers for 15-16 Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Announce Roster Moves - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Mavericks Re-Sign Two Defensemen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Receives Website Award of Excellence - ECHL
- Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.