Admirals Pick up Forward, Defenseman in Trade with Missouri
NORFOLK, Va. - The Norfolk Admirals, proud affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers and the AHL's Bakersfield Condors, announce today that the team has acquired left wing Kain Allicock and defenseman Alex Lepkowski from the Missouri Mavericks in exchange for center Sebastien Sylvestre.
Allicock, 25, scored once in 21 games for Missouri in his rookie season of 2014-15. The 6-foot-5, 235-pound winger spent parts of five seasons at the collegiate level, two at Wilfrid Laurier University and three at the University of Waterloo. He compiled 28 goals and 34 assists in 109 games.
Lepkowski, 22, posted a goal and seven assists in addition to a minus-6 on-ice rating in 2014-15 for the Mavericks. The second-year pro has 63 games of experience in the ECHL (one appearance for Greenville) and eight games in the AHL for the Rochester Americans. The Sabres selected the 6-foot-4 and 204-pound Buffalo native in the fifth round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Sylvestre, 21, put up impressive numbers in his first professional season with Bakersfield. The 6- foot, 183-pound center logged 23 goals and 47 points, both team highs, as a rookie out of Boucherville, Quebec. In 165 career contests in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with Chicoutimi and Rimouski, Sylvestre notched 61 goals and 87 assists for 148 points.
Norfolk Admirals 10-pack tickets for the 2015-16 season are now on sale and start at $125. Visit the Admirals Administrative Office at Scope or click on the 'Tickets' tab at NorfolkAdmirals.com to purchase. Season tickets are also on sale and begin at $400. Call 757-640-1212 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 1, 2015
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Allen Americans
- Nailers Announce 2015 Qualifying Offers - Wheeling Nailers
- Elmira Extends Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Elmira Jackals
- Aces Announce Qualifying Offers - Alaska Aces
- K-Wings Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Pick up Forward, Defenseman in Trade with Missouri - Norfolk Admirals
- Wichita Announces Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Wichita Thunder
- Road Warriors Submit Qualifying Offers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Evansville IceMen Announce Qualifying Offers List - Evansville IceMen
- Mavericks Acquire Sebastien Sylvestre; Missouri Trades Alex Lepkowski and Kain Allicock to Norfolk - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Tulsa Oilers
- Get to Know Head Coach Anthony Noreen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Idaho Announces Qualifying Contract Offers - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Thunder Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Sign Aneloski, McAvoy, Extend Qualifying Offers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Announce Eight Qualifying Offers - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fuel Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Announce Qualifying Offers List - Kansas City Mavericks
- Reading Royals Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight - Reading Royals
- Eagles Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Announce Eight Players Receiving Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Quad City Mallards
- Grizzlies Issue 8 Qualifying Offers for 15-16 Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Announce Roster Moves - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Mavericks Re-Sign Two Defensemen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Receives Website Award of Excellence - ECHL
- Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.