Adirondack Thunder Extend Eight Qualifying Offers
Glens Falls, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the Calgary Flames, announced that they have extended qualifying offers to eight players for the 2015-16 season.
The Adirondack Thunder's list of qualifying offers for the 2015-16 season, is as follows:
Goaltenders (x1): Lucas Gore
Defensemen (x1): Brad Stebner
Forwards (x6): James Henry, Jack MacLellan, Tyler Maxwell, Carter Rigby, Vincent Scarsella, Klarc Wilson.
The Thunder's protected list is highlighted by four of the Stockton Thunder's five leading scorers from a season ago, including leading scorer Tyler Maxwell (63GP-24G-27A-51P) and Vincent Scarsella (33-9-22-30), who was acquired midseason from the Utah Grizzlies. Maxwell's 24 goals led the Thunder in 2014-15, while James Henry's 33 assists were second on the team. Henry was the only player on the Thunder to appear in all 72 games a season ago.
The Thunder, along with the other 27 ECHL teams, were entitled to reserve the rights to a maximum of eight qualified players. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four could be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the upcoming 2015-16 season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded.
All qualifying offers will remain open for acceptance until August 1, at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player will retain the rights to that veteran until Aug. 1. After Aug. 1, if the veteran player is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded.
When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 31, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
Full season, partial season, flex and group ticket plans are now available to renew or purchase for the Adirondack Thunder's inaugural 2015-16 season. The benefits of being a Thunder season ticket holder include a savings of 27 to 42 percent off of box office pricing. All full season, 22 game and 12 game Thunder season ticket holders are entitled to unlimited unused ticket exchange, playoff ticket priority and the ability to buy tickets all season long at the discounted season ticket price.
To purchase tickets, contact the Adirondack Thunder front office at 518-480-3355 x1, visit echlthunder.com/season tickets or stop by the Adirondack Thunder front offices, located at the Glens Falls Civic Center.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 1, 2015
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Allen Americans
- Nailers Announce 2015 Qualifying Offers - Wheeling Nailers
- Elmira Extends Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Elmira Jackals
- Aces Announce Qualifying Offers - Alaska Aces
- K-Wings Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Pick up Forward, Defenseman in Trade with Missouri - Norfolk Admirals
- Wichita Announces Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Wichita Thunder
- Road Warriors Submit Qualifying Offers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Evansville IceMen Announce Qualifying Offers List - Evansville IceMen
- Mavericks Acquire Sebastien Sylvestre; Missouri Trades Alex Lepkowski and Kain Allicock to Norfolk - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Tulsa Oilers
- Get to Know Head Coach Anthony Noreen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Idaho Announces Qualifying Contract Offers - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Thunder Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Sign Aneloski, McAvoy, Extend Qualifying Offers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Announce Eight Qualifying Offers - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fuel Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Announce Qualifying Offers List - Kansas City Mavericks
- Reading Royals Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight - Reading Royals
- Eagles Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Announce Eight Players Receiving Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Quad City Mallards
- Grizzlies Issue 8 Qualifying Offers for 15-16 Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Announce Roster Moves - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Mavericks Re-Sign Two Defensemen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Receives Website Award of Excellence - ECHL
- Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.