Oilers Extend Eight Qualifying Offers
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers today issued eight players qualifying offers for the 2015-16 season. Qualifying offers were extended to forwards Drew Fisher, Justin Mansfield, Tommy Mele, and Jeff Jubinville, defensemen Ricards Birzinsh, Scott Macaulay, and Eric Tallent, and goaltender Andy Iles.
Each ECHL team was entitled to reserve the rights to a maximum of eight qualified players. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four could be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the upcoming 2015-16 season). None of the players who received qualifying offers from the Oilers fall into the veteran category. Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded. Players who already signed a contract by June 30 did not need to receive a qualifying offer
The qualifying offer will remain open for acceptance until August 1 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
Drew Fisher: Enjoyed his most productive season as a pro in 2014-15, led the Oilers in assists (59), points (77), and multi-point games, finished tied for third in the ECHL scoring race, recorded a playoff hat-trick.
Justin Mansfield: Joined the Oilers late in the season as an amateur out of Merrimack College, played defense as well as forward.
Tommy Mele: Scored 21 goals and chipped in 17 assists last season, led the Oilers with 200 penalty minutes, appeared in three games with Oklahoma City Barons (AHL).
Jeff Jubinville: Led all Tulsa rookies in goals (30) and assists (33), finished third in points among all ECHL rookies, second on the squad with a +20 rating, only Oilers' player to record a four-goal game in 2014-15 season.
Ricards Birzinsh: Latvia native appeared in 47 games last season, his first full season of North American hockey, posted one goal and 13 assists.
Scott Macaulay: Appeared in all 72 games during second season in Tulsa, led the team in power play points (6 goals, 17 assists), named to the ECHL All-Star Team.
Eric Tallent: Earned a +18 rating in 33 games played, one goal and 11 assists in second season in Tulsa.
Andy Iles: Split time last season between Florida Everblades, Alaska Aces, and Tulsa, acquired by the Oilers late in the season, did not appear in a regular season or playoff game.
The Oilers' search for a new Head Coach is currently underway as Bruce Ramsay ended his six-year tenure behind the Tulsa bench earlier this week to accept an assistant coaching position with the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL.
The 2015-16 season, Tulsa's second in the ECHL, begins Friday, October 16 at 7:05 p.m. against the Wichita Thunder. For more information on season or group tickets, please call 918-632-7825 or visit www.tulsaoilers.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 1, 2015
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Allen Americans
- Nailers Announce 2015 Qualifying Offers - Wheeling Nailers
- Elmira Extends Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Elmira Jackals
- Aces Announce Qualifying Offers - Alaska Aces
- K-Wings Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Pick up Forward, Defenseman in Trade with Missouri - Norfolk Admirals
- Wichita Announces Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Wichita Thunder
- Road Warriors Submit Qualifying Offers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Evansville IceMen Announce Qualifying Offers List - Evansville IceMen
- Mavericks Acquire Sebastien Sylvestre; Missouri Trades Alex Lepkowski and Kain Allicock to Norfolk - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Tulsa Oilers
- Get to Know Head Coach Anthony Noreen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Idaho Announces Qualifying Contract Offers - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Thunder Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Sign Aneloski, McAvoy, Extend Qualifying Offers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Announce Eight Qualifying Offers - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fuel Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Announce Qualifying Offers List - Kansas City Mavericks
- Reading Royals Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight - Reading Royals
- Eagles Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Announce Eight Players Receiving Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Quad City Mallards
- Grizzlies Issue 8 Qualifying Offers for 15-16 Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Announce Roster Moves - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Mavericks Re-Sign Two Defensemen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Receives Website Award of Excellence - ECHL
- Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.