Mavericks Re-Sign Two Defensemen
INDEPENDENCE, MO (July 1, 2015) - The Missouri Mavericks announced Wednesday afternoon that they have re-signed defensemen Patch Alber and Chris Owens to standard player contracts for the 2015-16 ECHL season.
"I wish I could sign twenty Patch Albers," said Richard Matvichuk, Missouri Mavericks Head Coach & Director of Player Personnel. "He has great energy and competes harder than anyone in the league. Patch is a fan-favorite in the community, with the goal to compete and win-- doing whatever is needed for his teammates along the way."
Patch Alber was acquired by the Mavericks in a trade with the Elmira Jackals (ECHL) on Dec. 1, 2014; suiting up for his first game with the Mavs at Independence Events Center the following evening. The twenty-six year old Clifton Park, NY native played went on to play fifty-six (56) regular season games for Missouri during their 2014-15 campaign, notching twenty-six (26) points (1G, 25A) with a plus-minus rating of ten (+10).
"I am extremely excited to be back with the Missouri Mavericks," said Alber. "The IEC is the best building in the league to play in, with the best fans around! I look forward to helping the team make it back to the playoffs."
The Mavericks begin their 2015-16 campaign on the road in Anchorage, Alaska for their first-ever matchup against the Alaska Aces. Fans interested in making the trip north with the Mavs can contact Mary House with our partners at Cruise Planners at email@example.com or 816-796-9400 for a special Mavs travel package!
The Mavericks will play longtime rival, the Wichita Thunder, in their home-opener on Saturday, Oct. 24 at Independence Events Center. Season Tickets and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Missouri Mavericks at 816-252-7825 to speak with a ticket representative.
Images from this story
Missouri Mavericks Defenseman Patch Alber
(John Howe, Howe Creative Photography)
Missouri Mavericks Defenseman Chris Owens
(John Howe, Howe Creative Photography)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 1, 2015
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Allen Americans
- Nailers Announce 2015 Qualifying Offers - Wheeling Nailers
- Elmira Extends Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Elmira Jackals
- Aces Announce Qualifying Offers - Alaska Aces
- K-Wings Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Pick up Forward, Defenseman in Trade with Missouri - Norfolk Admirals
- Wichita Announces Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Wichita Thunder
- Road Warriors Submit Qualifying Offers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Evansville IceMen Announce Qualifying Offers List - Evansville IceMen
- Mavericks Acquire Sebastien Sylvestre; Missouri Trades Alex Lepkowski and Kain Allicock to Norfolk - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Tulsa Oilers
- Get to Know Head Coach Anthony Noreen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Idaho Announces Qualifying Contract Offers - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Thunder Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Sign Aneloski, McAvoy, Extend Qualifying Offers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Announce Eight Qualifying Offers - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fuel Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Announce Qualifying Offers List - Kansas City Mavericks
- Reading Royals Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight - Reading Royals
- Eagles Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Announce Eight Players Receiving Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Quad City Mallards
- Grizzlies Issue 8 Qualifying Offers for 15-16 Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Announce Roster Moves - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Mavericks Re-Sign Two Defensemen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Receives Website Award of Excellence - ECHL
- Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Napoli Named ECHL Executive of the Year - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.