Green Bay Clinches Playoff Spot with Victory over Rockford
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah booked their ticket to the playoffs for the first time in five years as they defeated Rockford 4-0 on Wednesday night.
It was an all-around team effort from the Booyah against Rockford, with the offense providing two runs in both the first and seventh innings. The two runs in the first inning came in after Akron's Cam Tilly delivered a single up the middle to score both Nadir Lewis and Andy Blake. In the seventh, Blake was the one who collected the RBIs, with Ty Olejnik and Lewis crossing home after a double steal and a double from Blake. The Columbia shortstop finished the day 2-4 with a run scored and two runs driven in. Tilly also had his first two-hit performance of the season, going 2-for-4 with two RBIs.
On the mound, Northwestern's Jack Dyke went three full innings, striking out five Rivet batters, all of whom went down looking. Dyke allowed just three hits and did not walk a Rockford hitter. Out of the bullpen, Logan Lee picked up the win after throwing four and a two-thirds, striking out nine, and giving up just one hit. Lee improved to 3-0 on the season, and lowered his ERA to 2.83 in 2020. Â Connor Spear finished the game on the bump for the Booyah, going an inning and a third, and striking out two. Spear still has not allowed an earned run in nearly eight innings pitched for the Booyah.
Green Bay finishes up the regular season tomorrow against the Rivets at home, with first pitch scheduled for 6:35pm. The Booyah will turn to Jacob Pinc, who makes his first start of 2020 for Green Bay. With the win tonight, Green Bay will be headed to play Fond du Lac on Friday in the opening round of the playoffs.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 19, 2020
- Pridgen K's Twelve in Shutout Win - Mandan Flickertails
- Stingers Win Home Finale over MoonDogs - Willmar Stingers
- Honkers Drop Season Finale - Rochester Honkers
- Loggers Rally Falls Short in 5-4 Loss to Woodchucks - La Crosse Loggers
- Green Bay Clinches Playoff Spot with Victory over Rockford - Green Bay Booyah
- Kingfish Win Eighth Straight to Tie Team Record Win Streak - Kenosha Kingfish
- Spitters Sink Resorters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Bombers Split Doubleheader with Mac Daddies as Runs Come at a Premium - Battle Creek Bombers
- Final Regular Season Series Starts Wednesday in Fond du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Former Waterloo Hurler Dunning Called up by White Sox - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Looks for Playoff Berth - Green Bay Booyah
- Loggers Roll Past Rivets 12-2 - La Crosse Loggers
- Dock Spiders Flirt with No-Hitter in Win over Green Bay - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday & December 3rd Blowout Sale Info
- Booyah Announce 2021 Northwoods League Schedule
- Family Math...With a Focus on Fun and You
- Booyah Announce Rocky Bal-Booyah's Turkey Day Coloring Contest
- Booyah Announces Rocky Bal-Booyah's Turkey Day Coloring Contest