Bombers Split Doubleheader with Mac Daddies as Runs Come at a Premium
The Battle Creek Bombers and the Kalamazoo Mac Daddies split a doubleheader on Wednesday night, with each winning a game, 3-0.
Both pitchers threw complete games as the teams combined for three hits in the first game of the doubleheader.
Tanner Knapp (Kalamazoo Valley Community College) got the call for the Mac Daddies, going five innings, giving up no runs on just one hit. Drew Sczcepaniak (Western Michigan University) started for Battle Creek, giving up three runs (one earned) on two hits over four innings.
The Mac Daddies scored all three of their runs in the bottom of the fourth as Shawn Goosenberg (Northwestern University), who led off the inning with a single, Parker Murdie (Grand Valley State University), who reached on an error, and Vince Bianchina (Northwestern University), who had an RBI single, all came around to score in the inning, providing all the offense the Mac Daddies would need in game one.
Josh Avink (Kalamazoo Valley Community College) made his Bombers debut and picked up the win, going three innings, giving up only one hit. Jake Carroll (Northwood University) took the loss in a complete game, giving up three runs on six hits.
The Bombers scored all three of their runs in the top of the second inning as Jimmy Wressel (Concordia University), Pete Theodorellis (Molloy College) and Preston Sherman (Concordia University) all came around to score as every Bomber came to the plate in the inning.
Theodorellis came in to pitch after Avink and got the save, going two innings, giving up no runs on two hits.
The Mac Daddies got a runner on base in every inning but were unable to bring anyone across to score.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 19, 2020
- Pridgen K's Twelve in Shutout Win - Mandan Flickertails
- Stingers Win Home Finale over MoonDogs - Willmar Stingers
- Honkers Drop Season Finale - Rochester Honkers
- Loggers Rally Falls Short in 5-4 Loss to Woodchucks - La Crosse Loggers
- Green Bay Clinches Playoff Spot with Victory over Rockford - Green Bay Booyah
- Kingfish Win Eighth Straight to Tie Team Record Win Streak - Kenosha Kingfish
- Spitters Sink Resorters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Bombers Split Doubleheader with Mac Daddies as Runs Come at a Premium - Battle Creek Bombers
- Final Regular Season Series Starts Wednesday in Fond du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Former Waterloo Hurler Dunning Called up by White Sox - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Looks for Playoff Berth - Green Bay Booyah
- Loggers Roll Past Rivets 12-2 - La Crosse Loggers
- Dock Spiders Flirt with No-Hitter in Win over Green Bay - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Battle Creek Bombers Stories
- Bombers Release 2021 Schedule
- Bombers Split Doubleheader with Mac Daddies as Runs Come at a Premium
- Growlers Sweep Bombers, Extend Lead to 9 Games in SW MI Pod
- Bombers Dominate on Both Sides, Sweep Doubleheader against Mac Daddies
- Bombers, Mac Daddies Split Doubleheader as Bombers Rally Comes up Short in Nightcap