Gilles Senn Stops 41 in Devils' 2-1 Loss to Bears
NEWARK - Gilles Senn made 41 saves as the Binghamton Devils fell to the visiting Hershey Bears, 2-1, inside RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House on Wednesday night.
After several big saves by goaltender Gilles Senn, the Devils cashed in on the power play to take a 1-0 lead. Late in the power play, Reilly Walsh took the puck coast-to-coast to give the Devils the one-goal lead, unassisted, at the 8:55 mark. Binghamton took the lead into the intermission with Hershey leading in shots, 13-5.
In the second period, Hershey responded just 1:41 into the frame to tie the game. Brett Leason took a pass in the right-wing circle and lifted a shot over the shoulder of Senn. The goal was his first of the year with the lone assist going to Martin Fehervary and the game was tied at one after two periods.
Damien Riat scored the lone goal of the third period to give the Bears a 2-1 lead and the eventual win. Riat cut though the defense and beat Senn through the legs for his first goal. The only assist was credited to Shane Gersich at the 9:26 mark of the third period.
Senn denied 41 of 43 shots in the loss while Ilya Samsonov put aside 22 of 23 for the win.
The Devils return to the ice as they hit the road on Saturday, February 19 against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at 7:05 p.m. at PPL Center.
Stay current with the latest team news by visiting www.binghamtondevils.com or downloading the team's Mobile App for Apple and Android devices. Tune in to every game this season LIVE on Fox Sports 1430 Binghamton and AHLTV. Follow the Devils all year long on Facebook (/bingdevils), Twitter (@BingDevils), and Instagram (@bingdevils).
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils goaltender Gilles Senn vs. the Hershey Bears
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 17, 2021
- Crunch Downed by Comets, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Defeat Crunch in Successful Home Opener - Utica Comets
- Riat's First AHL Goal Gives Bears 2-1 Win in Newark - Hershey Bears
- Gilles Senn Stops 41 in Devils' 2-1 Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Andy Welinski to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Marlies Go Back-To-Back in Winnipeg - Toronto Marlies
- Weather Affecting San Jose Travel Reschedules Thursday Game to Friday at 5pm - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bolduc Leads Sound Tigers to First Win of Season - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- AHL Reschedules Thursday's Game in Tucson Due to Weather - San Jose Barracuda
- Thursday's San Jose-Tucson AHL Game Rescheduled Due to Weather - AHL
- Griffins to Finish Road Trip Before Hosting Cleveland on Saturday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Laval Rocket Reach Agreement to Release Forward Sam Vigneault - Laval Rocket
- Game Preview: Condors Take on San Diego Tonight at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Wild Defenseman Daemon Hunt Returns to WHL - Iowa Wild
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers and Wolf Pack Reignite Rivalry at 1 p.m. Today - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose Dropped by Marlies, 6-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.