Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds
San Antonio Missions (58-36) vs. Nashville Sounds (40-53)
Game #94/Home Game #50
Monday July 15, 7:05 p.m.
Nelson Wolff Stadium
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
LHP Gio Gonzalez (0-0, --) vs. RHP Seth Maness (5-2, 4.97)
Scoring Surge: In the first four games after the All-Star break the Missions' offense has been on fire. The Missions have scored at least eight runs in four straight games for the first time since April 8-11, 2000 when they scored at least 11 runs in four straight games at Midland. The Missions have collected at least 10 hits in all four games, which is the longest such streak this season. San Antonio has not had a stretch of five straight games with at least eight runs since at least 1987.
Broom Bristles: Last night the San Antonio Missions completed their fourth series sweep of the season as they won all four games against the Omaha Storm Chasers. San Antonio, New Orleans, Round Rock, and Tacoma are the only four teams in the Pacific Coast League who have not been swept this season.
Shutdown Staff: The San Antonio pitching staff has tossed 17.0 consecutive scoreless innings against the Nashville Sounds. The Missions did not allow a run in the final inning of game one of a doubleheader against the Sounds on April 21 then tossed a seven-inning shutout in game two. The following day San Antonio pitched another shutout, this time a nine-inning effort.
Career-Night: Trent Grisham had one of the best games in his career last night as he went 4-for-5 with 3 runs, 2 home runs, 2 singles, 4 RBI, and a stolen base. The four hits, three runs, and two home runs all matched season-highs. The 10 total bases for Grisham matched a single-game high for San Antonio this season with Keston Hiura who totaled 10 bases on April 26 against Oklahoma City and May 4 against Round Rock.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
San Antonio Missions Baseball Club (@missionsmilb)
ALS is a disease that has afflicted those close to Missions catcher @JacobNottingham. He recently sat down with @VinnieKENS5 to share his story. Tune in to @KENS5 tonight at 10 to hear his story and how he is trying to help find a cure for the disease.
RHP Burch Smith recalled by Milwauke
LHP Gio Gonzalez added on rehab assignment
RHP Jon Olczak reinstated from IL
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Redbirds Blast Four Home Runs in 8-6 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Ian Happ Powers Iowa to Victory over Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- Missions Win Fifth in a Row in Rout of Nashville - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Stop OKC's Series-Opening Success - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Open San Antonio Series with Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Houston Astros INF Aledmys DÃaz Joins Round Rock Express for Major League Rehab Assignment on Monday Night - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. El Paso - Reno Aces
- Houston Astros SS Carlos Correa to Begin Major League Rehab Assignment in Round Rock on Monday Night - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-53) vs. San Antonio Missions (58-36) - Nashville Sounds
- Payton, Armenteros Named PCL Player's of the Week - Las Vegas Aviators
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express RHP Rogelio Armenteros Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (37-57) at Round Rock Express (55-39) - Memphis Redbirds
- Payton, Armenteros Named PCL Players of the Week for July 8-14 - PCL
- Walsh, Tovar Have Four Hit Games in Loss - Salt Lake Bees
- Payton Slams Two More HRs, Powers Aviators Past Bees - Las Vegas Aviators
- Chihuahuas Downed by Albuquerque, 12-3 - El Paso Chihuahuas
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative