Walsh, Tovar Have Four Hit Games in Loss
The Las Vegas Aviators banged out sixteen hits, twelve of them for extra bases including five home runs, as they rolled to a 13-9 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Saturday night.
The Bees jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first on an RBI double by Jared Walsh, a run scoring triple by Brennon Lund and an RBI single by Wilfredo Tovar, but Las Vegas answered with five runs in the second, taking the lead for good on a two run homer by Mark Payton. It was the first of three roundtrippers for Payton in the game. With runs in the seventh and eighth, Salt Lake pulled to within two at 9-7, but the Aviators put the game away with four runs in their half of the eighth.
Salt Lake starter Jaime Barria (3-2) took the loss, as he went just four and two-third innings and allowed nine runs on twelve hits, including three of the home runs. Walsh and Tovar led the Bees' offense, as each had four hits and two runs batted in. For each, it was their second four hit game of the season. Taylor Ward added three hits, including his 20th homer, and one RBI. The Bees have now dropped two out of three in the series and are now 6-6 versus Las Vegas this season.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Redbirds Blast Four Home Runs in 8-6 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Ian Happ Powers Iowa to Victory over Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- Missions Win Fifth in a Row in Rout of Nashville - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Stop OKC's Series-Opening Success - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Open San Antonio Series with Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Houston Astros INF Aledmys DÃaz Joins Round Rock Express for Major League Rehab Assignment on Monday Night - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. El Paso - Reno Aces
- Houston Astros SS Carlos Correa to Begin Major League Rehab Assignment in Round Rock on Monday Night - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-53) vs. San Antonio Missions (58-36) - Nashville Sounds
- Payton, Armenteros Named PCL Player's of the Week - Las Vegas Aviators
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express RHP Rogelio Armenteros Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (37-57) at Round Rock Express (55-39) - Memphis Redbirds
- Payton, Armenteros Named PCL Players of the Week for July 8-14 - PCL
- Walsh, Tovar Have Four Hit Games in Loss - Salt Lake Bees
- Payton Slams Two More HRs, Powers Aviators Past Bees - Las Vegas Aviators
- Chihuahuas Downed by Albuquerque, 12-3 - El Paso Chihuahuas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ