Game #9 Texas at Tucson
Regular Season Game #9 - Texas at Tucson
7:00 PM MST, Tucson Convention Center, Tucson, Arizona
Referees: Brandon Blandina (39), Timothy Mayer (19)
Linesmen: Rob Fay (59) Patrick Stuber (32)
The Tucson Roadrunners continue their home series with the Texas Stars Friday night, playing the second of three games against the Stars this weekend. Tucson will be looking for a win to even the series after falling to the Stars 5-2 Wednesday night at the TCC.
1) Tucson Roadrunners forwards Lane Pederson and Michael Bunting each notched multi-point performances in Wednesday night's matchup with the Texas Stars, increasing their point totals to eleven apiece. They lead the Roadrunners in total points and are in a five-way tie for second in the AHL.
2) Tucson is one of only four teams in the AHL to have multiple players with double-digit point totals so far on the season (Michael Bunting and Lane Pederson). They have accomplished this feat in the fewest number of games compared to the other three teams, Chicago, Toronto, and San Diego.
3) Roadrunners defenseman Kyle Capobianco returned to the Tucson ice for the first time in nearly a year Wednesday night versus the Texas Stars. Capobianco, a three-time AHL All-Star, spent the start of the 2021 season as a member of the Arizona Coyotes after leading qualified AHL defenders in points-per-game last season. He joined the Roadrunners roster prior to the team's road series with Colorado last weekend, recording a multi-point night in Tucson's 4-3 comeback overtime victory over Colorado last Friday.
What's The Word?
Roadrunners forward Lane Pederson on the importance of special teams play throughout the season:
"You want to try to win the special teams battle each and every night. A good goal we shoot for each season is 20 and 80 [power-play percent and penalty-kill percent], to make that full one-hundred percent."
Number to Know
12 - The number of goals scored by the Tucson Roadrunners' top forward line of Michael Bunting, Lane Pederson and Kevin Roy. The trio has combined for a total of 31 points. Their 12 goals account for over half of the team total through the first eight games this season.
We're Doing It Live
Roadrunners Hockey returns to the radio today at 7:00 p.m. as "Voice of the Roadrunners" Adrian Denny brings you all of the action on Fox Sports 1450 AM. All Roadrunners games are broadcast live on Tucson's Sports Station, along with AHLtv.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 5, 2021
- Sholl Sets Stars Record to Hold onto 5-2 Win in Tucson - Texas Stars
- Quinney's Hat Trick Pushes Henderson to 4-2 Win over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Tight Defense Lifts Moose over Belleville, 3-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Drop Shootout to Monsters - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Hold on for 4-3 Shootout Win over League-Leading Wolves - Cleveland Monsters
- Three-Point Trio Leads Stockton to Friday Win - Stockton Heat
- Guhle to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Game Preview: Condors Live on 23abc Saturday at 3 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Bears Sign Defender Andrew Nielsen to Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Vancouver Canucks Defenseman Guillaume Brisebois Loaned to the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Rasmussen and Lindstrom Return from Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs Moose March 5th - Belleville Senators
- Game #9 Texas at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Ontario Reign Announce Broadcast Updates - Ontario Reign
- Heat, Marlies Kick off Two-Game Set Friday - Stockton Heat
- An Improved Otto - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Roadrunners Even Up Season Series With San Diego Gulls With Dominant 4-1 Victory Saturday Night
- Game #23 San Diego at Tucson
- Mike Carcone Nets Four Goals In High-Scoring Battle With Gulls
- Game #22 San Diego at Tucson
- Tucson Roadrunners' Road Ahead: Week of April 5, 2021