Fresno rocks Salt Lake 17-5 Wednesday night
Fresno, California - For the second straight game, the Fresno Grizzlies (8-5) offense roared to life, ousting the Salt Lake Bees (3-9) 17-5 Wednesday night. Jacob Wilson had four of the 18 hits and five of the 17 RBI, which included a solo shot in the seventh. He has five homers in the last four contests. Brandon Snyder also went deep, a towering three-run wallop to the grassy berm in left-center. He finished with four RBI. The Grizzlies have at least one longball in every game this season. Carter Kieboom, Yadiel Hernandez and Matt Reynolds each reached base five times while Raudy Read extended his hit streak to eight games.
Jared Walsh erased the shutout with a towering big fly in the sixth, his fourth of 2019. The Bees added four runs in the last frame, three coming off the bat of Bo Way. Salt Lake starter Forrest Snow (0-2) suffered the loss.
Austin Voth (2-0) enjoyed another decision after five shutout innings. He allowed two hits and one walk while punching out five. Fresno looks for their first sweep of the year tomorrow night.
Top Performers: Fresno Grizzlies (Washington Nationals)
- 3B Jacob Wilson (4-6, HR, 2 2B, 5 RBI, 3 R)
- 1B Brandon Snyder (3-5, HR, 4 RBI, 3 R)
- RHP Austin Voth (5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K)
Top Performers: Salt Lake Bees (Los Angeles Angels)
- 1B Jared Walsh (2-4, HR, RBI, 2 R; 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K)
- RF Bo Way (2-4, 2B, 3 RBI)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) RADIO/TV
Thursday April 18 Salt Lake Bees (Home) RHP Paolo Espino (Fresno) vs. RHP Griffin Canning (Salt Lake) 7:05 p.m. KRDU 1130 AM / MiLB.TV
ON THAT FRES-NOTE: After homering again Wednesday versus Salt Lake, Jacob Wilson has now gone deep five times in the last four games. Wilson is now tied for the PCL-lead in homers with former Fresno Grizzlies and current Round Rock Express outfielder Yordan Alvarez with seven. Wilson now has 92 career homers.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Express at Sounds Contest Suspended Due to Rain - Round Rock Express
- Sounds and Express Suspend Game Due to Rain - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Rained Out - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds, Missions Rained out Thursday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Memphis Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (7-7) vs. San Antonio Missions (7-7) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- YouTube Sensation Domingo Ayala to Bring Popular "Theory of Beisbol" to 2019 Triple-A Home Run Derby - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Too Little Too Late Again for the Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Fresno Takes Second Straight from Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Fresno rocks Salt Lake 17-5 Wednesday night - Fresno Grizzlies
- Two River Cats homers not enough to slow down red hot Aviators - Sacramento River Cats
- Chasers Clip Dodgers 8-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Nipped by Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- Storm Chasers Even Series with 8-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Cubs, 'Cakes Split Doubleheader - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Memphis Wins Third-Straight Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa and New Orleans Divide Double-Header - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Grizzlies Bolster Front Office Staff for Upcoming Season
- Grizzlies Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
- Grizzlies Announce New Lowriders Logo as Part of Minor League Baseball's Copa Unveiling Day
- Grizzlies' Gushue named to Team USA Premier12 roster
- Grizzlies Invite Central Valley to Watch the Biggest Game in Baseball at Chukchansi Park