Florida Panthers Recall F Bobby Butler and D Jonathan Racine from San Antonio
SUNRISE, Fla. - Florida Panthers Executive Vice President and General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that F Bobby Butler and D Jonathan Racine have been recalled from the San Antonio Rampage (AHL).
Butler, 26, has played in 128 career National Hockey League games with Ottawa (2009-12), New Jersey (2013) and Nashville (2013), recording 48 points (20-28-48) and 26 penalty minutes. He has appeared in 64 games for San Antonio this year, recording 45 points (21-24-45) and 12 penalty minutes.
The Marlborough, MA native was acquired by the Panthers on June 14, 2013 from Nashville in exchange for D TJ Brennan.
Racine, 20, has appeared in 48 games for San Antonio this season, collecting six points (0-6-6) and 85 penalty minutes. He has played in 56 career AHL games over the past two seasons with the Rampage, recording six points (0-6-6) and 89 penalty minutes. The defenseman has played in 245 career QMJHL games over four seasons with Shawinigan (2009-12) and Moncton (2012-13), recording 45 points (13-32-45) and 374 penalty minutes and winning a Memorial Cup with Shawinigan (2012). Racine has yet to appear in an NHL game.
The Montreal, PQ native was selected by the Panthers in the third round (87th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Home to the Florida Panthers Hockey Club and internationally recognized concerts and events, the Broward County-owned BB&T Center is one of the top ranked venues of its kind in the world. Sunrise Sports & Entertainment is the premier company of its kind in South Florida.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2014
- Monsters Power Past Rampage 5-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Shootout Loss Drops Wolves' Magic Number to 2 - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Win 5-3 in San Antonio - Cleveland Monsters
- Sharks Maintain Consistent Lead to Edge Pirates 3-2 - Worcester Sharks
- Rieder Strikes Twice, But Sharks Sink Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Own Six-Point Division Lead Heading into Final Seven Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Release Ellis - Manchester Monarchs
- Comets Sign Aviani to ATO - Utica Comets
- Buffalo Sabres Sign Forward Justin Kea to Three-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse Crunch Celebrate Syracuse Chiefs Legend Tex Simone - Syracuse Crunch
- SJ Sharks Reassign D Mirco Mueller to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Stars Weekly (Week 27) - Texas Sweeps Hamilton, Claims Second-Straight Division - Texas Stars
- April Home Games Feature Ticket, Merchandise Deals - Rochester Americans
- Kings Sign Two Prospects - Manchester Monarchs
- Bulldogs Launch April '30-For-30' Season Ticket Promo - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Sign Tyler Barnes, Connor Brickley to ATOs - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Lightning Sign Adam Erne to Entry Level Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Nastasiuk Reassigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shalla Reassigned to Cincinnati - Milwaukee Admirals
- Joel Broda Released from PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Gabriel and Brassart Sign ATOs with Iowa Wild - Iowa Wild
- Poulin Wall Blocks Sound Tigers 3-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rita Renaud Named Anthem Community Angel - Portland Pirates
- Blackhawks Announce ECHL Affiliation Agreement with Indy Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Brett Flemming Reassigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Florida Panthers Recall F Bobby Butler and D Jonathan Racine from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins' Mannino Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Iowa Wild Participates in Charity Poker Tournament - Iowa Wild
- Providence Bruins Center Alexander Khokhlachev Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Providence Bruins
- Boychuk, Khokhlachev, Mannino Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for March - AHL
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- 2014 Scotty Bowman Showcase Rosters Announced - Rochester Americans
- Griffins SkyTix, a Drone-Based Ticket Delivery System - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Recall F Tony Turgeon - San Antonio Rampage
- San Antonio Rampage to Play Tuesday Despite Missing Mascot - San Antonio Rampage
- Pirates Sign Laplante and Raine to ATOs - Portland Pirates
- Jets Re-Assign Eric Comrie & Josh Morrissey to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Pirates Look to Fool Sharks in Last Meeting of 13-14 - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.