#FCDvOKC: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match
FC Dallas faces OKC Energy FC on Wednesday, June 12th at 7:00 PM CT at Southern Methodist University's Westcott Field in Dallas, Texas. The winner of this match will move into the draw for the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 to be played on the June 19.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #FCDvOKC
TV: Available Online at ESPN+
5 Things to Know About #FCDvOKC
Third Time Lucky?
FC Dallas has played OKC Energy FC two times, both in the Fourth Round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. Both matches have ended in victories for FC Dallas and OKC Energy FC will be hoping for a better result the third time of asking.
FC Dallas Players Return from the U-20 World Cup
After a heartbreaking defeat to Ecuador 2-1 in Poland on Saturday, June 8 in the U-20 World Cup, FC Dallas midfielders Edwin Cerrillo, Paxton Pomkyal and Brandon Servania return to the squad to add some much-needed depth to the FC Dallas midfield. The three midfielders have combined for 18 appearances, as well as scoring 2 goals and assisting 2 goals between them.
Big Chance for Pepi to Impress
FC Dallas acquired North Texas Soccer Club forward Ricardo Pepi on a short-term loan on June 11. Pepi has scored 7 goals in six matches in 2019 for North Texas SC. Pepi scored his first professional hat trick in the USL League One season opener against the Chattanooga Red Wolves SC.
FC Dallas goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez is no stranger to OKC Energy. In the last match between FC Dallas and OKC, Gonzalez saved a penalty in a penalty shootout that sent FC Dallas into the next round of the U.S. Open Cup and ended OKC's 2016 Cup run. OKC Energy have former FC Dallas players Atiba Harris (part of the 2016 team that won the U.S. Open Cup), Je-Vaughn Watson and former 2018 MLS SuperDraft pick Amer Sasivarevic.
Low on Energy
OKC Energy will be playing their fourth match in 11 days. The last three matches, all against USL opponents, have ended in draws for OKC with the last two ending in 1-1 stalemates. These results have led to OKC dropping to sixth place in the USL Championship West standings.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 12, 2019
- Kekuta Manneh's goal in extra time powers Orange and Blue into fifth round of U.S. Open Cup - FC Cincinnati
- D.C. United Beat Philadelphia 2-1 in Extra Time in the U.S. Open Cup - D.C. United
- Orlando City Advances to U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 with 3-1 Win at Memphis - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Defeats OKC Energy FC 4-0 - FC Dallas
- Sporting Exits Open Cup in Loss to Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 4 - 0 North Carolina FC - New York City FC
- Orlando City SC Loans Josue Colman to Cerro Porteno - Orlando City SC
- Tour Aguila Returns to Texas with the Mexico City Derby - FC Dallas
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Portland Timbers (Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup) - June 12, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United-Charleston Battery Fourth Round U.S. Open Cup Match Rescheduled for June 13 - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union's Mark McKenzie to Return as Ambassador for Future Soccer Stars Foundation PlayDay - Philadelphia Union
- By the Numbers: Open Cup 2019 - Orlando City SC
- #FCDvOKC: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Signs Six Tacoma Defiance Players to Short-Term Agreements - Seattle Sounders FC
- ACF Fiorentina Replaces AS Roma in 2019 International Champions Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Hires Tom Spall as Academy Director - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Loans Francis Atuahene, Ema Twumasi to Austin Bold FC - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Drops 3-0 Result to LAFC in U.S. Open Cup - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Defeats Real Salt Lake 3-0 to Advance in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Vako scores twice, including game-winner, as San Jose advances to Fifth Round - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 2-1 to Saint Louis FC in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Chicago Fire
- Postgame Notes: Houston Dynamo 3-2 Austin Bold FC (U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round) - Houston Dynamo
- Red Bulls Drop out of Open Cup, Fall to New England, 3-2 in OT - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.