Atlanta United-Charleston Battery Fourth Round U.S. Open Cup Match Rescheduled for June 13
CHICAGO - The Fourth Round match between Charleston Battery (USL Championship) and Atlanta United (Major League Soccer) has been rescheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, June 13 at Fifth Third Bank Stadium at Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw, Ga. The closed-door match is not open to the public but will be broadcast on ESPN+ and will complete the Fourth Round of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, U.S. Soccer's National Championship.
The match was originally scheduled to be played Tuesday night at MUSC Health Stadium in Charleston, S.C. but was abandoned due to an unplayable field surface due to persistent rain in the area. Despite Charleston's efforts to secure a new venue for the match within 12-hours for Thursday, U.S. Soccer determined the match would be played in the venue that holds Atlanta United 2 games. The match is closed-door due to the immediate rescheduling of the event with insufficient time to secure staff and security personnel at the venue.
The match will be open to media. Media interested in attending should RSVP to [email protected] by 10 p.m.
The Fourth Round continues Wednesday night with nine games across the country beginning at 7 p.m. ET. All remaining Fourth Round games will be available to watch on ESPN+.
After the conclusion of Wednesday's showdowns, the Round of 16 Draw will still be conducted the following morning on Thursday, June 13 at 10 a.m. ET. The Draw will be broadcast on U.S. Open Cup's Twitter account @opencup and ussoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 12, 2019
- Kekuta Manneh's goal in extra time powers Orange and Blue into fifth round of U.S. Open Cup - FC Cincinnati
- D.C. United Beat Philadelphia 2-1 in Extra Time in the U.S. Open Cup - D.C. United
- Orlando City Advances to U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 with 3-1 Win at Memphis - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Defeats OKC Energy FC 4-0 - FC Dallas
- Sporting Exits Open Cup in Loss to Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 4 - 0 North Carolina FC - New York City FC
- Orlando City SC Loans Josue Colman to Cerro Porteno - Orlando City SC
- Tour Aguila Returns to Texas with the Mexico City Derby - FC Dallas
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Portland Timbers (Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup) - June 12, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United-Charleston Battery Fourth Round U.S. Open Cup Match Rescheduled for June 13 - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union's Mark McKenzie to Return as Ambassador for Future Soccer Stars Foundation PlayDay - Philadelphia Union
- By the Numbers: Open Cup 2019 - Orlando City SC
- #FCDvOKC: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Signs Six Tacoma Defiance Players to Short-Term Agreements - Seattle Sounders FC
- ACF Fiorentina Replaces AS Roma in 2019 International Champions Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Hires Tom Spall as Academy Director - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Loans Francis Atuahene, Ema Twumasi to Austin Bold FC - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Drops 3-0 Result to LAFC in U.S. Open Cup - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Defeats Real Salt Lake 3-0 to Advance in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Vako scores twice, including game-winner, as San Jose advances to Fifth Round - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 2-1 to Saint Louis FC in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Chicago Fire
- Postgame Notes: Houston Dynamo 3-2 Austin Bold FC (U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round) - Houston Dynamo
- Red Bulls Drop out of Open Cup, Fall to New England, 3-2 in OT - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.