FC Dallas Defeats OKC Energy FC 4-0
Dallas, TX - FC Dallas moves on to the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 after defeating OKC Energy FC, 4-0, with goals scored by Matt Hedges, Michael Barrios, Dominique Badji and Reto Ziegler.
4' - Bressan attempted a left-footed volley from the top of the box after OKC failed to properly clear a corner.
11' - Matt Hedges opened the scoring with a downward header into the bottom corner off an outswinging Michael Barrios corner kick.
19' -Jesus Ferreira with a strong shot straight at OKC Keeper Cody Laurendi from right outside the box.
25' - Dominique Badji headed just wide from a free kick by Michael Barrios.
43' - Ricardo Pepi slid through Michael Barrios who beat his man one-on-one before he placed his finish into the far corner for a goal.
45+2' - Jesus Ferreira worked space in the OKC area but fired wide from just inside the box.
52' - Well-worked corner routine leaves Dominique Badji wide open on the penalty spot and he smashed it into the back of the net.
65' - Christian Eissell rode two challenges but Jimmy Maurer stayed tall and pushed his shot away.
79' - Ricardo Pepi was through on goal, but couldn't squeeze his shot past Cody Laurendi at the near post.
88' - Bryan Reynolds latched onto a flick from Zdenek Ondrasek and was hacked down in the box for a penalty.
89' - Reto Ziegler buried the ensuing penalty in the bottom right corner.
FC Dallas - Jimmy Maurer; Ryan Hollingshead, Bressan (Reto Ziegler - 76'), Matt Hedges,Bryan Reynolds; Jacori Hayes, Brandon Servania (Zdenek Ondrasek - 79'); Dominique Badji, Jesus Ferreira, Michael Barrios (Edwin Cerrillo - 71'), Ricardo Pepi.
Substitutes not used - Kyle Zobeck, John Nelson, Thomas Roberts, Paxton Pomykal.
OKC Energy FC - Cody Laurendi, Mike Da Fonte, Kyle Hyland, Atiba Harris, Amrer Sasivarevic, Christian Ibeagha, Callum Ross, Omar Gordon(Josh Garcia - 71'), Alexy Bosetti (Kal Okot - 66'), Rafael Garcia, Deshorn Brown (Christian Eissell - 62').
Substitutes not used - Bryan Byars, Max Gunderson.
FCD: MattHedges (Michael Barrios) - 11'
FCD: Michael Barrios (Ricardo Pepi) - 43'
FCD: Dominique Badji (Jesus Ferreira) - 52'
FCD: Reto Ziegler (Penalty) - 89'
FCD: Matheus Bressan (Caution) - 20'
OKC: Deshorn Brown (Caution) - 47'
OKC: Callum Ross (Caution) - 55'
OKC: Atiba Harris (Caution) - 74'
Weather: Sunny, 87
Referee: Luis Guardia
Assistant Referees: Kevin Lock, Kaili Terry
4th Official: Brandon Gardner
FC Dallas head coach Luchi Gonzalez
On his USOC debut...
We know what this cup means to the family, to FC Dallas and the legacy of Lamar and Dan and Clark. This is really important to our family. I felt poised, took initiative and it showed that we wanted this.
On Michael Barrios' game...
San Jose was a good experience for us. It was a tough game but to bounce back quickly after two days, to come here, to come home and perform, it's not easy so very proud of him for that.
On this game being a confidence booster...
I think so. I think we created from the beginning, a few chances, we didn't panic we just kept trying to create. To put balls in the box and get numbers in the box. Things bounced our way but I feel like we created them and that's a good, like you said, confidence boost to take from the game to now use on our next soccer team.
On being back at SMU...
Fantastic. This is my alma mater and I have a lot of big memories here. I remember competing on this field as a player and now to do it as a coach is an honor so it was a great feeling.
FC Dallas defender Bryan Reynolds
On how he felt...
I felt good to be honest with you, in the beginning. It's my first start so, I was a little bit nervous and then once I touched the ball for the first time, I was just relaxed. Just play how you play normally, it's no different than when you get subbed in. I thought I played a pretty decent game.
On his first start....
Back when I don't get to start, I'm a little more relaxed, like joking around a little bit. But, today I had my headphones on, I was focused, probably since this morning. I was drinking, hydrating all day long, trying to be professional. Normally, I'm not nervous getting subbed in, but today, even if it was a USL1 team, you can't take it lightly and I took it just as a professional game. That's why I was a little bit nervous in the beginning, I felt like as the game went on I progressed and performed better.
On how he felt his performance was after he drew the penalty...
I thought I could have been a little bit cleaner on the ball, not a perfect game. But, to be honest, I felt like I had a solid game.
FC Dallas forward Ricardo Pepi
On how it feels to make his debut for FC Dallas...
I'm very thankful to FC Dallas for giving me this opportunity, it's a good one. I was working hard for it, but I never expected it to come this fast. It was overall pretty positive; we can work a little better. It was pretty good.
On playing with these guys...
The first time I trained with them, I was a little nervous. The more times I went to train with them, I got a little more comfortable with them and becoming more responsive and everything.
On when he found out he would be starting...
I was very excited, but a little bit nervous at the same time. It was a great opportunity for me in my debut.
On how he felt...
I was feeling pretty good after the starting goal; that I got the assist.
FC Dallas Defeats OKC Energy FC 4-0
FC Dallas moves onto the Round of 16 of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
Ricardo Pepi debuts for FC Dallas and records his FC Dallas career assist.
Matt Hedges scores his first goal of the 2019 season and his fourth career Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup goal, tied for the most of any current FCD player along with Michael Barrios.
Michael Barrios scores his third goal and records his team-leading sixth assist of the 2019 season.
Dominique Badji and Reto Ziegler score their first career USOC goal for FC Dallas.
Draw for the Round of 16 and Quarterfinal will take place tomorrow June 13 at 11 AM CT.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 12, 2019
- Kekuta Manneh's goal in extra time powers Orange and Blue into fifth round of U.S. Open Cup - FC Cincinnati
- D.C. United Beat Philadelphia 2-1 in Extra Time in the U.S. Open Cup - D.C. United
- Orlando City Advances to U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 with 3-1 Win at Memphis - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Defeats OKC Energy FC 4-0 - FC Dallas
- Sporting Exits Open Cup in Loss to Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 4 - 0 North Carolina FC - New York City FC
- Orlando City SC Loans Josue Colman to Cerro Porteno - Orlando City SC
- Tour Aguila Returns to Texas with the Mexico City Derby - FC Dallas
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Portland Timbers (Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup) - June 12, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United-Charleston Battery Fourth Round U.S. Open Cup Match Rescheduled for June 13 - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union's Mark McKenzie to Return as Ambassador for Future Soccer Stars Foundation PlayDay - Philadelphia Union
- By the Numbers: Open Cup 2019 - Orlando City SC
- #FCDvOKC: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Signs Six Tacoma Defiance Players to Short-Term Agreements - Seattle Sounders FC
- ACF Fiorentina Replaces AS Roma in 2019 International Champions Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Hires Tom Spall as Academy Director - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Loans Francis Atuahene, Ema Twumasi to Austin Bold FC - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Drops 3-0 Result to LAFC in U.S. Open Cup - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Defeats Real Salt Lake 3-0 to Advance in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Vako scores twice, including game-winner, as San Jose advances to Fifth Round - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 2-1 to Saint Louis FC in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Chicago Fire
- Postgame Notes: Houston Dynamo 3-2 Austin Bold FC (U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round) - Houston Dynamo
- Red Bulls Drop out of Open Cup, Fall to New England, 3-2 in OT - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Denies Sporting Kansas City in 2-0 Win
- #SKCvFCD: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match
- FC Dallas Season Ticket Member Chip Dutchik Named as a Finalist for 2019 MLS WORKS Community MVP Contest
- FC Dallas Falls to Sevilla FC 3-1
- FC Dallas Falls to Minnesota United FC