#FCDvNYC: Hall of Fame Game Facts You Need to Know
FC Dallas (12-11-8, 44 points) hosts New York City FC (16-5-9, 57 points) on Sunday, September 22 at 5PM CT at Toyota Stadium in a match presented by AdvoCare. This is the first and only meeting between the two teams this season.
This game is part of FC Dallas' annual Hall of Fame Weekend which includes a concert at Toyota Stadium featuring OneRepublic, the Fray and Maelyn Jarmon. The performance begins shortly after the National Soccer Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Saturday, Sept. 21 which will see former U.S. Women's National Team forward Abby Wambach and former U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati enshrined in the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #FCDvNYC
TV: 5PM CT on UniMás, TUDN and streaming on Twitter
Radio: 5PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 99.1 FM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts Sporting Kansas City on Decision Day, Sunday, Oct. 6 at 3PM in a match presented by Papa John's.
5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvNYC
Back Above the Line
FC Dallas moved back above the playoff line in MLS' Western Conference with the scoreless draw against Seattle on Wednesday night. Dallas is currently in seventh place in the West. The top seven teams in each conference will advance to the MLS postseason. Only six points separate the West's second-place team (Seattle) and seventh-place team (FC Dallas).
Paxton's New Position
FC Dallas' most recent match against Seattle Sounders saw Paxton Pomykal lineup in a new position this season. The Homegrown midfielder featured on the right and left wings as opposed to his regular central midfield role.
FC Dallas earned its first shutout in eight games with Wednesday's scoreless draw away to Seattle Sounders. Head coach Luchi Gonzalez stressed the importance of defensive transition from his midfield and forwards in response to the 4-0 loss in Chicago, and the tactical change paid dividends by earning Dallas' first point in Seattle since 2011.
About New York City FC
New York City FC has clinched a playoff spot and currently leads MLS' Eastern Conference, five points ahead of second place Philadelphia. The club is currently on a seven-game unbeaten run which includes six victories. Further, NYCFC is one of just two teams in MLS with a positive away record (6-4-4), the other team being Los Angeles FC.
Against New York City
The series between FC Dallas and NYCFC is even. FCD has a 1-1-2 record all-time against New York, with six goals scored and seven conceded. FCD has one win and one draw against them when playing at Toyota Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Academy Forward Daniel Rios Called into U.S. Soccer Youth National Team Camp - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Forward Adama Diomande Voluntarily Enters MLS SABH Program for Assessment - MLS
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Issued - MLS
- #FCDvNYC: Hall of Fame Game Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- LAFC Takes on Toronto FC on Saturday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Spots Still Open for Sunday's Sounders FC and RAVE Foundation Rave Green Run, Presented by CHI Franciscan - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. San Jose Earthquakes - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Real Salt Lake - New England Revolution
- Impact Visits LA Galaxy Saturday Night in California - Montreal Impact
- Match Preview: New York Returns East for Two-Match Homestand - New York Red Bulls
- Limited Tickets Remain for Home Finale vs. Seattle on September 29 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Tigres U.A.N.L. and Club Santos Laguna to Face off in LIGA MX Friendly at BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Real Salt Lake Visits New England Revolution - Real Salt Lake
- U.S. Soccer Selects Exploria Stadium To Host USMNT vs. Canada - Orlando City SC
- Sporting to Host Colorado on Kick Childhood Cancer Night - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
- Broadcast Details for FC Dallas' Playoff Match on October 19th Confirmed
- Ricardo Pepi Called into United States U-17 National Team for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup
- FC Dallas Signs Paxton Pomykal to New Contract
- FC Dallas Clinches Playoff Berth in 6-0 Shutout against SKC