Houston Dynamo Academy Forward Daniel Rios Called into U.S. Soccer Youth National Team Camp
HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo Academy forward Daniel Rios has been called into the United States U-16Boys' National Team talent identification training camp taking place this weekend in Chula Vista, Calif., the U.S. Soccer Federation announced earlier this week.
"We are very excited for Danny Rios to be called into the U.S. U-16 National Team camp" Dynamo Academy Director Paul Holocher said. "This is his first call up to the national team, so it is very special and also well deserved."
Rios, 16, has scored 12 goals in 24 appearances while playing for the Dynamo U-16 team. He has also trained with the Dynamo first team on several occasions over the summer, providing him with invaluable experience and the opportunity to test himself against full professionals.
"Danny is player with many great qualities, with strong technique, vision, balance, work-rate and with terrific sense for the goal or assist. He can play anywhere in the advanced positions as either a 10 or even on the wing." Holocher said.
There will be 59 players from U.S. Soccer's East, Central and West scouting regions that will make up three teams at the camp. The teams will play games against each other and youth squads from Club Tijuana of BBVA Liga MX and LA Galaxy from MLS while being introduced to the Youth National Team principles. On the camp's last day, the squads will be reshuffled and will play against each other in two intra-squad games.
"This camp will include many other of the nation's top players and will be a good opportunity for him to continue his development and to test himself. It is always an honor to be called into the national team. Danny is very motivated and will relish the opportunity," Holocher said.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Academy Forward Daniel Rios Called into U.S. Soccer Youth National Team Camp - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Forward Adama Diomande Voluntarily Enters MLS SABH Program for Assessment - MLS
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Issued - MLS
- #FCDvNYC: Hall of Fame Game Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- LAFC Takes on Toronto FC on Saturday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Spots Still Open for Sunday's Sounders FC and RAVE Foundation Rave Green Run, Presented by CHI Franciscan - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. San Jose Earthquakes - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Real Salt Lake - New England Revolution
- Impact Visits LA Galaxy Saturday Night in California - Montreal Impact
- Match Preview: New York Returns East for Two-Match Homestand - New York Red Bulls
- Limited Tickets Remain for Home Finale vs. Seattle on September 29 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Tigres U.A.N.L. and Club Santos Laguna to Face off in LIGA MX Friendly at BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Real Salt Lake Visits New England Revolution - Real Salt Lake
- U.S. Soccer Selects Exploria Stadium To Host USMNT vs. Canada - Orlando City SC
- Sporting to Host Colorado on Kick Childhood Cancer Night - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo and Dash Prepare for Doubleheader on Saturday
- Dynamo Fall to Chicago Fire FC 4-0
- Houston Dynamo Announce Remainder of 2020 Regular Season Schedule
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Begin Two-Game Road Trip on Wednesday at Soldier Field
- Houston Dynamo Transfer Alberth Elis to Boavista FC in Portugal