Spots Still Open for Sunday's Sounders FC and RAVE Foundation Rave Green Run, Presented by CHI Franciscan
SEATTLE, WASH. - This Sunday, September 22, Sounders FC and RAVE Foundation host the fifth annual Rave Green Run, presented by CHI Franciscan. While online registration is closed, there are still spots available for runners and walkers wishing to participate in the event. Day-of registration is available from 8:30-9:45 a.m. PT this Sunday near the race start, located at the corner of Baker Boulevard and Christensen Road in Tukwila.
Nearly 1,000 Sounders FC fans, including former defender Zach Scott, are expected to participate in this year's Rave Green Run, which is once again being held in Tukwila, providing runners with an authentic Sounders FC experience as they run along the area's trails through Starfire Sports, the official training center of Sounders FC. At the end of the race, runners and spectators can celebrate at the Rave Green Run Finish Line Festival presented by Dasani, where they will enjoy refreshments, entertainment and awards emceed by KJR 950 AM's Dick Fain.
All runners and walkers who finish the course will be presented medals, and all youth participants will additionally receive a RAVE Foundation soccer ball. Special race awards will also be presented to the top male and female finishers, as well as the top finishers in each age group.
A wide variety of post-race activities at the Finish Line Festival are available, including Sammy the Sounder hosting a special Forever Green Kids Club presented by Delta Dental activity zone, complete with soccer tennis, the RAVE Octagon, Giant Jenga and other fun; a raffle opportunity benefiting RAVE Foundation, with chances to win unique matchday experiences and one-of-a-kind player autographed items; and post-race nourishment courtesy of Dasani, Fred Meyer and Starbucks.
All proceeds from the Rave Green Run benefit RAVE Foundation, the official charitable arm of Sounders FC. RAVE Foundation works throughout the Puget Sound region to build small fields for free play and to use soccer as a vehicle to inspire youth and strengthen communities.
Sounders FC and RAVE Foundation thank this year's race sponsors: CHI Franciscan, the City of Tukwila, Starfire Sports, DieCutStickers.com, Marvelle Southcenter and Broadstone Saxton.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Academy Forward Daniel Rios Called into U.S. Soccer Youth National Team Camp - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC Forward Adama Diomande Voluntarily Enters MLS SABH Program for Assessment - MLS
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Issued - MLS
- #FCDvNYC: Hall of Fame Game Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- LAFC Takes on Toronto FC on Saturday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Spots Still Open for Sunday's Sounders FC and RAVE Foundation Rave Green Run, Presented by CHI Franciscan - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. San Jose Earthquakes - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Real Salt Lake - New England Revolution
- Impact Visits LA Galaxy Saturday Night in California - Club de Foot Montreal
- Match Preview: New York Returns East for Two-Match Homestand - New York Red Bulls
- Limited Tickets Remain for Home Finale vs. Seattle on September 29 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Tigres U.A.N.L. and Club Santos Laguna to Face off in LIGA MX Friendly at BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Preview: Real Salt Lake Visits New England Revolution - Real Salt Lake
- U.S. Soccer Selects Exploria Stadium To Host USMNT vs. Canada - Orlando City SC
- Sporting to Host Colorado on Kick Childhood Cancer Night - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Honors Legacy of Seattle Soccer Icon Jimmy Gabriel at this Sunday's Heritage-Themed Match
- Raúl Ruidíaz Voted MLS Player of the Week
- Young Sounders Battle Their Way to Road Victory in Austin
- Sounders FC Takes on Expansion Side Austin FC Thursday Evening at Q2 Stadium
- RAVE Foundation, Puyallup Tribe of Indians and Tacoma Public Schools Announce Construction of Mini Pitch at Boze Elementary