LAFC Takes on Toronto FC on Saturday Night at Banc of California Stadium
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) returns to Banc of California Stadium this weekend as the Club hosts Toronto FC on Saturday, September 21. The Week 29 contest is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on YouTube TV, Univision KVMD, ESPN 710 AM, and 980 AM "La Mera Mera'.
After clinching the top spot in the Western Conference last week, LAFC will once again have the chance to secure the Supporters' Shield this weekend if:
LAFC wins vs. Toronto FC AND
NYCFC loses or draws @ FC Dallas
LAFC and Toronto FC will meet for just the second time after the Black & Gold earned a 4-2 victory over the Canadian side in their only meeting of 2018 on September 1. Goals from Diego Rossi (2), Lee Nguyen and Carlos Vela helped LAFC go 3-0-0 north of the border last year.
Tomorrow night's contest marks LAFC's last match against Eastern Conference teams. Currently boasting a 7-0-4 record - 4-0-1 record at Banc of California Stadium - the Club will have a chance to go undefeated against the opposing conference in 2019.
Last week, LAFC (19-4-7; 64 points) earned a 1-1 draw against the Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium. Forward Carlos Vela tallied his league-leading 28th goal of the season after missing the previous two games due to injury.
Meanwhile, TFC is coming off a 1-0 defeat against Montreal Impact in Leg 1 of the Canadian Championship on Wednesday night. In league play, Toronto currently sits in fourth place in the Eastern Conference with a 12-10-9 (45 pts.) record, including a 4-6-5 record away from home.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Academy Forward Daniel Rios Called into U.S. Soccer Youth National Team Camp - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC Forward Adama Diomande Voluntarily Enters MLS SABH Program for Assessment - MLS
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Issued - MLS
- #FCDvNYC: Hall of Fame Game Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- LAFC Takes on Toronto FC on Saturday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Spots Still Open for Sunday's Sounders FC and RAVE Foundation Rave Green Run, Presented by CHI Franciscan - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. San Jose Earthquakes - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Real Salt Lake - New England Revolution
- Impact Visits LA Galaxy Saturday Night in California - Club de Foot Montreal
- Match Preview: New York Returns East for Two-Match Homestand - New York Red Bulls
- Limited Tickets Remain for Home Finale vs. Seattle on September 29 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Tigres U.A.N.L. and Club Santos Laguna to Face off in LIGA MX Friendly at BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Preview: Real Salt Lake Visits New England Revolution - Real Salt Lake
- U.S. Soccer Selects Exploria Stadium To Host USMNT vs. Canada - Orlando City SC
- Sporting to Host Colorado on Kick Childhood Cancer Night - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Ties Minnesota United 2-2
- LAFC Takes on Minnesota United Tomorrow, July 28 at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Acquires $1 Million in Allocation Money from Colorado in Exchange for Mark-Anthony Kaye
- LAFC Teams up with Baskin-Robbins
- Carlos Vela and Jose Cifuentes Score as LAFC Comes from Behind to Earn 2-2 Draw with Vancouver