FC Dallas Falls 1-0 to Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field
St. Paul, MN - FC Dallas (1-2-2, 5 points) falls 1-0 to Minnesota United FC (2-4-0) on the road after a late stoppage-time goal.
3' - Jáder Obrian laid it off for Andrés Ricaurte and his left-footed shot from outside of the box was saved by Tyler Miller.
20' - Phelipe Megiolaro dove to make a save from Hassani Dotson's left-footed shot from outside the box.
30' - Phelipe palms Emanuel Reynoso's shot from the left side of the box out for a corner kick.
51' - Ricaurte's cross was met by Franco Jara who set up Obrian in the box and his diving header went wide of Minnesota's goal.
66' - Ryan Hollingshead crossed it to Jara whose right-footed shot from the center of the box went wide of Miller's goal.
82' - Romain Métanire's volley attempt on the right side of the box was punched away by Phelipe for a corner kick.
89' - Paxton Pomykal played Dante Sealy through on goal and his left-footed shot was saved at the near post by Miller.
90' + 4' - Robin Lod managed to poke it in the box past Phelipe to give Minnesota a late 1-0 lead.
FC Dallas - Phelipe; José Martínez, Bressan, Matt Hedges; Ryan Hollingshead, Tanner Tessmann, Andrés Ricaurte (Paxton Pomykal - 79'), Bryan Acosta, Eddie Munjoma (Szabolcs Schön - 66'); Franco Jara (Ricardo Pepi - 73'), Jáder Obrian (Dante Sealy - 79').
Substitutes not used - Jimmy Maurer, John Nelson, Edwin Cerillo, Ema Twumasi, Freddy Vargas.
Minnesota United FC - Tyler Miller; Chase Gasper, Brent Kallman, Michael Boxall, Romain Métanire; Wil Trapp, Jan Gregus; Hassani Dotson, Emanuel Reynoso (Jacori Hayes - 90'+5'), Ethan Finlay (Ramon Abila - 64'); Robin Lod.
Substitutes not used - Dayne St. Clair, Jukka Raitala, Osvaldo Alonso, Justin McMaster, DJ Taylor, Foster Langsdorf, Patrick Weah.
MIN (0-1): Robin Lod - 90'+4'
Stats Summary: FC Dallas/Minnesota United FC
Shots on Goal: 2/7
Corner Kicks: 1/5
DAL: Andrés Ricaurte (caution) - 10'
DAL: Franco Jara (caution) - 60'
MIN: Will Trapp (caution) - 67'
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 75
Referee: Ted Unkel
Assistant Referees: Peter Manikowski, Chantal Boudreau
Fourth official: Matthew Corrigan
VAR: Ricardo Salazar
FC Dallas Postgame Quotes
FC Dallas Head Coach Luchi Gonzalez
General thoughts on the match...
"We lost in the last minute. I thought the extra time was excessive but I give the full credit to Minnesota. They pushed the game there, especially in the second half. We suffered in the second half. We tried to get through and we almost did with a point. But it didn't happen. So, obviously disappointed with that. I'm sorry to the club. I'm sorry to the fans. Personally, it hurts because we were close to getting something positive out of the game. I'll take the first half positives. I thought the first half was one of the best halves we've played in the season; home or away. End product wasn't there, too many offsides, not getting shots off. We need to have better efficiency in the last third. It's my responsibility as the head coach to grow that and develop that."
On midfielder Bryan Acosta's performance...
"Bryan had a great preseason. We had a moment in the offseason (where) he was disappointed with 2020: injuries, just lack of form and consistency. He wasn't available in the playoff run. He came in very motivated in the preseason and he's just showing the product of that focus and desire to have his best season so far."
FC Dallas Defender Tanner Tessmann
General thoughts on match.....
"I mean, yeah, you said it we put a lot of work in and we wanted to come away from this game with points. The mood in the locker room was frustrating but calm. We're ready for the next opportunity - win, show mentality. We're ready for next week against RSL."
FC Dallas Defender Jose Martinez
On the team's efforts...
"I think we had a very good first half. From defense to attack, it was a great effort and we all did our job. But at the end of the day we couldn't get the three points. We had worked hard, prepared well during the week, and we had the ambition to come here and get three points. Games can be decided by small details, and it's what happened today. We have to keep on going. This team has a lot of character and we must remain calm. We will keep on going on the path we are going to succeed and we are already planning to work ahead."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 15, 2021
- Rapids Dominant First Half Propels Team to 3-1 Victory - Colorado Rapids
- Dynamo Fall 3-1 to Rapids in Colorado - Houston Dynamo FC
- Loons Earn Second Shutout of the Week with 1-0 Win over Dallas - Minnesota United FC
- New York Falls Short at Philadelphia, 1-0 - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Falls 1-0 to Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field - FC Dallas
- Andre Blake gets his 3rd clean sheet of the 2021 MLS regular season, Burke 2nd goal of the regular season proves to be the game winner - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. CF Montreal in Front of Record Crowd - Atlanta United FC
- CF Montréal Downed in Final Minute - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 2, Austin FC 0 - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Host Portland Timbers Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Austin FC Fall 2-0 away at the LA Galaxy - Austin FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - May 16, 2021 - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York City FC (1) - Toronto FC (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 1 Toronto FC - New York City FC
- Matchday Guide: FC Cincinnati vs. Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United Recognizes Mental Health Awareness Month - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City Travels to Face D.C. United on Sunday - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Columbus SC - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- Kickoff Time for FC Dallas' Road Match vs. Houston Dynamo FC on September 18 Moved to 9PM CT
- #SKCvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know
- FC Dallas Foundation Breaks Ground on Tenth Pitch at My Possibilities
- FC Dallas Homegrown Ricardo Pepi Signs New Contract with FC Dallas
- FC Dallas Forward Ricardo Pepi Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 15