Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 13, 2021
The San Jose Earthquakes earned a 1-1 draw against FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium on Saturday. The draw extended the Quakes' unbeaten streak on the road to seven matches, tied for the longest in club history.
The Earthquakes are now preparing for two matches this week, first hosting Real Salt Lake on Wednesday, Sept. 15, presented by Donor Network West, and later traveling to Texas to face Austin FC on Saturday, Sept. 18.
Wednesday's match from PayPal Park will kick off at 7:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on NBC Sports California Plus, KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF. Saturday's match from Q2 Stadium will begin at 5:00 p.m. PT and will be aired on NBC Sports Bay Area Plus, KGO 810 and 1370 KZSF.
Earthquakes vs. Real Salt Lake All-Time
MLS Regular Season: 13-11-11
Home: 9-5-4 (29 GF, 20 GA)
Away: 4-6-7 (14 GF, 26 GA)
All-Time Scoring: San Jose - 43, Real Salt Lake - 46
Last Game vs. Real Salt Lake
Real Salt Lake 1 - 2 San Jose Earthquakes; May 7, 2021; Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah
Earthquakes vs. Austin FC All-Time
MLS Regular Season : 0-0-1
Home: 0-0-0 (0 GF, 0 GA)
Away : 0-0-1 (0 GF, 0 GA)
All-Time Scoring: San Jose - 0, Austin - 0
Last Game vs. Austin
Austin FC 0 - 0 San Jose Earthquakes; June 19, 2021; Q2 Stadium in Austin, Texas
LAST GAME VS. FC DALLAS (9/11)
Strong on the Road
The Quakes are unbeaten in seven consecutive road matches, tied for the longest such run in club history (2003). San Jose has now lost just once in their last 12 matches overall (3-1-8).
The Quakes now hold a seven-game unbeaten streak against FC Dallas (4-0-3) and a five-game unbeaten streak at Toyota Stadium (2-0-3).
The Quakes have scored first in 9 of their last 12 matches (conceded first twice and had one match finish in a scoreless draw). They have also allowed one or fewer goals in 11 consecutive matches, conceding a total of nine goals during that time.
Back on the Scoresheet
Defender Oswaldo Alanis scored his second goal of the season and fourth of his MLS career. Both of his goals this year have been penalty kicks against FC Dallas.
Goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski made six saves, tied for second-most in his MLS career.
Back in the Mix
Forward Benji Kikanovic made his first appearance since July 17, entering as a second-half substitute.
NEXT GAME VS. REAL SALT LAKE (9/15)
Real Salt Lake currently occupies seventh place in the Western Conference (8-9-6), tallying three more points than San Jose.
The Quakes are unbeaten in six straight home matches vs. Real Salt Lake (5-0-1), dating back to April 2015.
San Jose earned a come-from-behind 2-1 road win over RSL on May 7, 2021, with two goals from Chris Wondolowski.
Wondolowski's brace against Real Salt Lake on May 7 made him the all-time leader in goals against Real Salt Lake (12).
Wondolowski scored his most recent MLS goal against Real Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium on May 7, 2021.
Defender Nathan will not be eligible to play on Wednesday due to yellow card accumulation.
Defender Marcos Lopez is available for selection for Wednesday's match after returning from international duty with Peru.
NEXT GAME VS. AUSTIN FC (9/18)
San Jose played to a 0-0 draw against Austin FC in the first-ever MLS fixture at Q2 Stadium on June 19.
Saturday's match will be the second of three matchups between San Jose and Austin this season and second-straight at Q2 Stadium. San Jose will host Austin FC at PayPal Park for the first time on Oct. 20.
Austin FC currently occupy 13th in the Western Conference standings (5-14-4). Austin have suffered three-consecutive defeats and have earned one victory in their last seven matches (1-6-0).
Saturday's match will see the Quakes face former players Danny Hoesen, Nick Lima, and Andrew Tarbell for the second time this year.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 13, 2021
- Nashville SC Shows Star Power, Team Grit in Road Win at CF MontréalÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 13, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Signs English Goalkeeper Jamal Blackman - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Match Preview vs Atlanta United FC - FC Cincinnati
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Now Required at Whitecaps FC Home Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24 - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Kicks off 5th Annual Unite & Conquer Cancer Month - Atlanta United FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24 - MLS
- Minnesota United Recognizes Kick Childhood Cancer Month - Minnesota United FC
- Week 24: Michael Barrios Named to Team of the Week Again - Colorado Rapids
- Marsman, Gregore Named to MLS Week 24 Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- Timbers Midfielder Sebastián Blanco Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 24 - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Homegrown Justin Che Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 24 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Luciano Acosta Earns MLS Team of the Week Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Houston Dynamo FC Forward Fafa Picault Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- D.C. United to Kick-Off Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration with Noche Latina Match on Wednesday, September 15 - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Embark on Two-Match Road Trip Starting with Columbus on Tuesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Community Soccer Rally and Vaccination Clinic Hosted by Sounders FC and Orlegi Sports Today at 5:00 p.m. PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Wilfried Nancy Will Participate in a Free Virtual Conference - Club de Foot Montreal
- Columbus Crew Announces Additional Details for Tomorrow's Hispanic Heritage Night at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Toronto FC on Tuesday - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Falls in Tight Battle at LAFC - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.