D.C. United to Kick-Off Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration with Noche Latina Match on Wednesday, September 15
WASHINGTON, D.C., - D.C. United will host a Noche Latina themed match on September 15 at 7:30 p.m. EST when they welcome Chicago Fire FC to Audi Field to kick-off Hispanic Heritage Month.
To commemorate this special day and to begin the monthlong celebration, D.C. United will introduce several matchday activations to celebrate the Hispanic community and their culture, alongside club partners Chesapeake Employees Insurance Company and Verizon.
Ticket Donation: In partnership with Verizon, 100 tickets and transportation assistance to the match will be gifted to DC SCORES students from the Hispanic community.
Live Latin Dance Music in Heineken Hall: Trio Caliente will perform in Heineken Hall from 6:00 p.m. EST when gates open until kick-off. The band are known for their ability to unite and inspire audiences from around the globe with their inimitable blend of Flamenco, pop, and Latin dance music.
Pre-Match Friendly: Chesapeake Employees Insurance Company, Verizon, and D.C. United club partner, DC SCORES will participate in a small scrimmage prior to the match on the pitch. Verizon has donated 20 spots to DC SCORES coaches to recognize the outstanding work they do with the Hispanic community across the city.
Halftime Player Trivia: One lucky fan will be selected to participate in halftime trivia, matching the correct D.C. United player to their Hispanic Heritage. If correct, the contestant will receive a prize pack courtesy of the club.
Each year, we observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15, by celebrating the histories, cultures, and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.
This year carries an added level of significance as it is the 200th anniversary of independence for five Central American countries, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua.
You can watch all D.C. United matches live in Spanish on TeleXitos and in English on NBC Sports Washington and www.dcunited.com.
For tickets to the club's Noche Latina match, please visit: www.dcunited.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 13, 2021
- Nashville SC Shows Star Power, Team Grit in Road Win at CF MontréalÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 13, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Signs English Goalkeeper Jamal Blackman - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Match Preview vs Atlanta United FC - FC Cincinnati
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Now Required at Whitecaps FC Home Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24 - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Kicks off 5th Annual Unite & Conquer Cancer Month - Atlanta United FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24 - MLS
- Minnesota United Recognizes Kick Childhood Cancer Month - Minnesota United FC
- Week 24: Michael Barrios Named to Team of the Week Again - Colorado Rapids
- Marsman, Gregore Named to MLS Week 24 Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- Timbers Midfielder Sebastián Blanco Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 24 - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Homegrown Justin Che Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 24 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Luciano Acosta Earns MLS Team of the Week Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Houston Dynamo FC Forward Fafa Picault Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- D.C. United to Kick-Off Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration with Noche Latina Match on Wednesday, September 15 - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Embark on Two-Match Road Trip Starting with Columbus on Tuesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Community Soccer Rally and Vaccination Clinic Hosted by Sounders FC and Orlegi Sports Today at 5:00 p.m. PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Wilfried Nancy Will Participate in a Free Virtual Conference - Club de Foot Montreal
- Columbus Crew Announces Additional Details for Tomorrow's Hispanic Heritage Night at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Toronto FC on Tuesday - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Falls in Tight Battle at LAFC - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Announce Year-End Roster Decisions Ahead of 2022 MLS Season
- D.C. United Acquire Defender Gaoussou Samaké from ASEC Mimosas
- D.C. United to Open 2022 MLS Regular Season against Charlotte FC at Audi Field on February 26
- D.C. United Win 3-1 against Toronto FC at BMO Field
- D.C. United Homegrowns Jeremy Garay and Jacob Greene Selected for U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team for Upcoming Revelations Cup