Minnesota United Recognizes Kick Childhood Cancer Month
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United announced today the club will recognize Kick Childhood Cancer month throughout September. At Saturday's game against LA Galaxy (September 18 @ 7:00 p.m. CT), MNUFC will celebrate KCC, presented by M Health Fairview, with several in-game elements:
Players will wear the names of pediatric patients on the back of their warm-up tops, which will be gifted to the families, and a yellow Kick Childhood Cancer ribbon jersey patch on their jerseys.
M Health Honorary Scoreboard Keeper Braxton, an M Health cancer patient.
Children's Cancer Research Fund will host families in a Party Suite at Allianz Field for the game, and 40 additional tickets will be distributed to CCRF families and staff.
Kick Childhood Cancer jerseys will be auctioned by Minnesota United after the game, with proceeds benefitting M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
Allianz Field façade will be lit gold for halftime.
KCC-themed elements in-stadium will include gold nets, gold corner flags, gold LED boards and other digital video board elements.
Additionally, throughout the month of September, MNUFC will recognize KCC:
Until September 25, fans are encouraged to round up their purchases as part of our Register Round Up program at the Black and Blue Team Store with proceeds benefiting Children's Cancer Research Fund.
Kick Childhood Cancer Scarf and Top merchandise will be available for purchase at the Black and Blue Team Store.
Minnesota United, Major League Soccer and Continental Tire have teamed up to produce KCC-themed pajama pants to be donated to local children's hospitals around the Twin Cities.
MNUFC eMLS player Brandon Yamane and a first team player will host a FIFA charity stream with proceeds befitting Children's Cancer Research Fund.
A club-produced PSA about how we can help fight childhood cancer, shared across the club's digital channels.
Minnesota United's fifth season in MLS continues. To get access to presales for the 2021 season, join The Preserve - the official Allianz Field Waiting List - or sign up for Minnesota United newsletters. More information on both can be found at mnufc.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 13, 2021
- Nashville SC Shows Star Power, Team Grit in Road Win at CF MontréalÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 13, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Signs English Goalkeeper Jamal Blackman - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Match Preview vs Atlanta United FC - FC Cincinnati
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Now Required at Whitecaps FC Home Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24 - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Kicks off 5th Annual Unite & Conquer Cancer Month - Atlanta United FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24 - MLS
- Minnesota United Recognizes Kick Childhood Cancer Month - Minnesota United FC
- Week 24: Michael Barrios Named to Team of the Week Again - Colorado Rapids
- Marsman, Gregore Named to MLS Week 24 Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- Timbers Midfielder Sebastián Blanco Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 24 - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Homegrown Justin Che Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 24 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Luciano Acosta Earns MLS Team of the Week Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Houston Dynamo FC Forward Fafa Picault Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- D.C. United to Kick-Off Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration with Noche Latina Match on Wednesday, September 15 - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Embark on Two-Match Road Trip Starting with Columbus on Tuesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Community Soccer Rally and Vaccination Clinic Hosted by Sounders FC and Orlegi Sports Today at 5:00 p.m. PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Wilfried Nancy Will Participate in a Free Virtual Conference - Club de Foot Montreal
- Columbus Crew Announces Additional Details for Tomorrow's Hispanic Heritage Night at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Toronto FC on Tuesday - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Falls in Tight Battle at LAFC - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair
- Allianz Field to Host USMNT Home World Cup Qualifier against Honduras
- MNUFC Announces Season and Home Opener for 2022 MLS Season
- MNUFC Lose 1-3 to Portland in Round One of MLS Cup Playoffs
- Minnesota United FC at Portland Timbers Preview