Sporting KC Weekly
On the heels of a 2-0 home win over Chicago Fire FC on Saturday, second-place Sporting Kansas City (12-5-7, 43 points) will return to Children's Mercy Park on Wednesday to host regional rivals Minnesota United FC (8-7-7, 31 points) in a 7:30 p.m. CT matchup presented by UMB Bank.
Tickets for the contest are available at SeatGeek.com as Sporting looks to vault atop the Western Conference standings with a win . Bally Sports Kansas City Plus, Bally Sports Midwest Plus, BallySports.com and the Bally Sports app will provide three hours of live coverage starting at 7 p.m. CT. Listeners can follow the action live on Sports Radio 810 WHB (English) and La Grande 1340 AM (Spanish), with The Final Whistle postgame show immediately following on 810 WHB. The Sporting KC app will deliver in-game updates and exclusive offers, including a digital coupon for a free carton of Ben & Jerry's ice cream courtesy of Price Chopper.
The United States Women's National Team will travel to Kansas City to play Korea Republic at 7 p.m. CT on Oct. 21 at Children's Mercy Park. Tickets for the highly anticipated match will go on sale at 10 a.m. CT on Wednesday via Ticketmaster.com. Sporting KC Season Ticket Members will have access to an exclusive presale beginning today at 10 a.m. CT and can contact their Membership Services Executive for more information.
The MLS Roster Freeze date is set for Wednesday, requiring all teams to submit a final 30-man roster for the remainder of the 2021 campaign. Per MLS rules, no changes can be made to a club's roster during the period beginning Sept. 16 through the day after 2021 MLS Cup, which is scheduled for Dec. 11.
A new episode of the Sporting KC Show Podcast will debut Tuesday at 6 p.m. CT on Sports Radio 810 WHB. Hosts Nate Bukaty, Aly Trost and Conall McCourt will hear from a Sporting guest, recap a busy week of MLS action and look ahead to Wednesday's matchup with Minnesota. The Sporting KC Show Podcast is available on Spotify, iTunes and SportingKC.com, giving supporters a weekly destination to catch up on club storylines, player achievements, guest interviews and more.
Sporting Kansas City II (4-14-7, 19 points) will resume their USL Championship campaign on Sept. 24, hosting FC Tulsa in a 7 p.m. CT kickoff at Children's Mercy Park. Before then, head coach Paulo Nagamura's side will face the University of Nebraska Omaha in a scrimmage at 3 p.m. CT on Friday at Swope Soccer Village.
Four Sporting Kansas City Academy teams will take the field this weekend as the early stages of the 2021-22 MLS NEXT campaign continue. On Saturday, the U-14s, U-15s and U-17s will visit the Colorado Rapids at Dick's Sporting Goods Park with action kicking off at 11 a.m. CT. On Sunday, the U-19s will play their season opener as they join the U-14s, U-15s and U-17s in facing Real Colorado with games starting at 9 a.m. CT. Fans can follow @SKCAcademy on Twitter for live updates this weekend and throughout the year.
For news, videos, photos and instant updates throughout the 2021 season, follow Sporting Kansas City on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and download the official Sporting KC app.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 13, 2021
- Nashville SC Shows Star Power, Team Grit in Road Win at CF MontréalÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 13, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Signs English Goalkeeper Jamal Blackman - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Match Preview vs Atlanta United FC - FC Cincinnati
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Now Required at Whitecaps FC Home Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24 - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Kicks off 5th Annual Unite & Conquer Cancer Month - Atlanta United FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24 - MLS
- Minnesota United Recognizes Kick Childhood Cancer Month - Minnesota United FC
- Week 24: Michael Barrios Named to Team of the Week Again - Colorado Rapids
- Marsman, Gregore Named to MLS Week 24 Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- Timbers Midfielder Sebastián Blanco Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 24 - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Homegrown Justin Che Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 24 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Luciano Acosta Earns MLS Team of the Week Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Houston Dynamo FC Forward Fafa Picault Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- D.C. United to Kick-Off Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration with Noche Latina Match on Wednesday, September 15 - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Embark on Two-Match Road Trip Starting with Columbus on Tuesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Community Soccer Rally and Vaccination Clinic Hosted by Sounders FC and Orlegi Sports Today at 5:00 p.m. PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Wilfried Nancy Will Participate in a Free Virtual Conference - Club de Foot Montreal
- Columbus Crew Announces Additional Details for Tomorrow's Hispanic Heritage Night at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Toronto FC on Tuesday - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Falls in Tight Battle at LAFC - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.