Columbus Crew Announces Additional Details for Tomorrow's Hispanic Heritage Night at Lower.com Field
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew today announced additional details regarding its matchday programming for Hispanic Heritage Night at Lower.com Field tomorrow, Tuesday, September 14 when the Crew hosts the New York Red Bulls [7:30 p.m. ET / Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports App (Stream) / 97.1 The Fan & 971thefan.com (English); ColumbusCrew.com (Spanish)]. Hispanic Heritage Night at Lower.com Field is set to celebrate the Hispanic community of Columbus ahead of Hispanic Heritage Month, which runs from September 15 - October 15. Tickets for Tuesday's match are available at columbuscrew.com/tickets.
Ahead of the match, a Plaza & Pub Party is set to begin at 5:00 p.m. ET, with tickets to the party available via this link. The Plaza & Pub Party will feature $5 beer specials and access to food trucks for the entire hour, as well as a live performance by Spanglish punk band Troubled Sapiens. Additionally, supporters can visit a Modelo booth on the Plaza, where they can enter to win premium prizes including a branded cooler.
Pre-match events are set to include a special message to supporters from Crew players, as well as the ceremonial goal kick, which will be taken by Parker Despins, the winner of the "Get A Kick Out of Reading Challenge" presented by Cardinal Health. The Hometown Hero for the match will be Sergeant Marcos Gasca of the Ohio Army National Guard, and the Club's selection for the Hard Hat Hero is slated to be Josué Vicente, Executive Director of the Ohio Hispanic Coalition. The U.S. National Anthem will be performed by Columbus-based bilingual singer Karen Labra. Additionally, several stadium announcements included the Starting XI will be made in Spanish, while DJ Leek will play Hispanic Heritage Night themed warm-up and halftime music.
The Nordecke will feature flags from all Hispanic countries, while representatives from La Turbina Amarilla and La Guardia 96 - two of Nordecke's Hispanic supporter groups - will run capo responsibilities. During the match, fans in all sections of Lower.com Field are encouraged to join along in a full-stadium "Vamos Crew" chant led by the Nordecke around the 30th and 75th minutes. Notably, tickets to Tuesday's match have been donated to Proyecto Mariposas, the Ohio Hispanic Coalition and the Big Brothers Big Sisters Hispanic Mentoring Program.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 13, 2021
- Nashville SC Shows Star Power, Team Grit in Road Win at CF MontréalÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 13, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Signs English Goalkeeper Jamal Blackman - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Match Preview vs Atlanta United FC - FC Cincinnati
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Now Required at Whitecaps FC Home Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24 - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Kicks off 5th Annual Unite & Conquer Cancer Month - Atlanta United FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24 - MLS
- Minnesota United Recognizes Kick Childhood Cancer Month - Minnesota United FC
- Week 24: Michael Barrios Named to Team of the Week Again - Colorado Rapids
- Marsman, Gregore Named to MLS Week 24 Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- Timbers Midfielder Sebastián Blanco Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 24 - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Homegrown Justin Che Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 24 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Luciano Acosta Earns MLS Team of the Week Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Houston Dynamo FC Forward Fafa Picault Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- D.C. United to Kick-Off Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration with Noche Latina Match on Wednesday, September 15 - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Embark on Two-Match Road Trip Starting with Columbus on Tuesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Community Soccer Rally and Vaccination Clinic Hosted by Sounders FC and Orlegi Sports Today at 5:00 p.m. PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Wilfried Nancy Will Participate in a Free Virtual Conference - Club de Foot Montreal
- Columbus Crew Announces Additional Details for Tomorrow's Hispanic Heritage Night at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Toronto FC on Tuesday - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Falls in Tight Battle at LAFC - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew's Lower.com Field to Host USMNT for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier against El Salvador on January 27
- Columbus Crew Assistant Coach Ezra Hendrickson Set to Join Chicago Fire FC as Head Coach
- Columbus Crew Opens 2022 MLS Season at Lower.Com Field on February 26
- Columbus Crew Announces 2021 Team Award Winners
- Columbus Crew Inflates Seasonal Bubble over Historic Crew Stadium's Field