Dylan MacPherson Earns Call up by Springfield
GREENVILLE, S.C. - Defenseman Dylan MacPherson has been called up by the Springfield Thunderbirds of the AHL. It is the 21-year-old's first assignment to the American Hockey League since December.
MacPherson has developed into a steady, two-way defenseman in Greenville on a pair with Mike Monfredo. His offensive game has blossomed in 2020, as he has scored 10 of his 16 points on the season since the turn of the calendar.
MacPherson has played three prior games at the AHL level, all with Springfield, with one assist in that span. Two of those games followed the conclusion of his junior career with the Medicine Hat Tigers of the Western Hockey League.
In 47 games as a member of the Swamp Rabbits, the Alberta native has scored 16 points, has only taken two minor penalties all season, and owns a +3 rating.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 20, 2020
- Cyclones Open Weekend with Win over Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Celebrate Heroes Weekend with the Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - February 20 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Admirals Acquire Three Players from Cincinnati for B. Holmstrom, Coughlin - Norfolk Admirals
- Mariners Acquire Defenseman Nuttle from South Carolina - Maine Mariners
- Stingrays Complete Trade with Maine - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- G McCollum, F Zerter-Gossage Reassigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Dylan MacPherson Earns Call up by Springfield - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Controversial Goal Leads Grizzlies to OT Win over Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Tischke's OT Game Winner Leads Grizz - Utah Grizzlies
- Early Scoring Leads Steelheads to 5-3 Win over Mavericks in Sellout - Idaho Steelheads
- Comeback WIN-Iecki: Five Unanswered Propel 'Blades to 6-3 Victory - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Doubled up by Everblades in 6-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs' Strong Third Not Enough in Boise, Lose 5-3 to Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- PHPA and ECHL Announce Relief Fund for ECHL Players
- A Message from the Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Ticket FAQ
- 2019-20 ECHL Season Cancelled
- Sunday's Blood Drive Cancelled