Drew Melanson Recalled from Maine of ECHL, Greg Chase Released from PTO
HARTFORD: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the Wolf Pack has recalled forward Drew Melanson from its ECHL affiliate, the Maine Mariners, and has released forward Greg Chase from his Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement.
Melanson has one goal, four penalty minutes and nine shots on goal in nine games with the Wolf Pack. In 45 games with the Mariners, the rookie out of Boston University has 12 goals and 17 assists for 29 points, the fourth-most points on the Maine squad. Melanson was signed to an AHL contract by the Wolf Pack June 20, 2018.
Chase was scoreless in three games with the Wolf Pack, with four penalty minutes and one shot on goal, after signing his PTO last Monday. He has skated in 57 ECHL games this season with the Mariners, Wichita Thunder and the Allen Americans, scoring 20 goals and adding 23 assists for 43 points and serving 83 minutes in penalties. In action with Maine, Chase has played 34 games, notching 18 goals and 16 assists for 34 points, with 52 PIM.
The next action for the Wolf Pack is this Saturday night, March 23, the first of back-to-back games in Charlotte, NC against the Checkers. Faceoff is 6:00 PM, and all of the action can be heard live on News Radio 1410 AM, and 100.9 FM, WPOP, and on-line at www.newsradio1410.com and iHeartRadio. Video streaming is available at theahl.com/AHLTV.
The Wolf Pack's next home game is Friday, March 29, also against the Checkers, a 7:15 PM faceoff. As at all Friday-night Wolf Pack home games, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs, and $2 beers and fountain sodas, through the start of the second period, presented by Nomads Adventure Quest.
Tickets for all 2018-19 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger start at just $13 each, and all tickets will have a $3 day-of-game increase.
Season ticket information for the Wolf Pack's 2018-19 AHL season can be found on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com. To speak with a representative about all of the Wolf Pack's many attractive ticketing options, call (855) 762-6451.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2019
- Sens Move Six Clear of Utica - Belleville Senators
- Bridgeport extends point streak at home to eight games in overtime loss to Toronto on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Drop Only Trip to Laval 3-2 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Special Teams Send Checkers over Syracuse - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Downed by Checkers, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Late Push Not Enough in Belleville - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Welinski - San Diego Gulls
- Eagles Add Defenseman Peter Tischke - Colorado Eagles
- Game #58 Preview: Tucson vs. Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Reassign Justin Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Weekly: New Point Streak Starts as Bears Eye Playoff Spot - Hershey Bears
- Thunderbirds Sign F Brendan Robbins to ATO, Recall F Matt Marcinew from Manchester (ECHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Drew Melanson Recalled from Maine of ECHL, Greg Chase Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Sign Aliu to Professional Tryout - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Visit Bridgeport for Midweek Match Up - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Sign Loggins to Three-Year Contract, Pearson to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bring Your Dog to the BMO Tonight for Hogs' Lottery Cup Showdown - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Sign Forward Joe Snively to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Sign Novak to ATO - Milwaukee Admirals
- Libor Sulak Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission with 'Moon Landing Night' this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Ink Ryan Walker to Amateur Tryout - Binghamton Devils
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Comets, March 20 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Look for Eighth Straight Home Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Chaput's Two Spur Roadrunners to a 5-2 Victory over Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Falters against Tucson in 5-2 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Moose Need OT to Repel San Diego - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Win Second Consecutive Shootout, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gulls Rally from Three Down to Grab Point - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Fall to Griffins in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.